The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

heh I just wrote a research paper on gluten free diets
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

AwesomeYears

Is it just me, or has the "sort by release date" has been implemented just then...

Bloop

ZeldaFan

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 09, 2015, 07:20:42 PMI feel bad for the lactose intolerant people of the world. So many foods they could never experience in full. I guess some people can't handle that spicy milk!
Haha, I feel bad too. Seems like more people have it than don't have it. My brother has it, but he got lucky that it isn't that bad. He can just take a pill before eating dairy and he's good to go!

Also found this about genetics and lactose intolerance:
Spoiler
Lactose intolerance in infancy resulting from congenital lactase deficiency is a rare disorder. Its incidence is unknown. This condition is most common in Finland, where it affects an estimated 1 in 60,000 newborns.
Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy. Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, affecting more than 90 percent of adults in some of these communities. Lactose intolerance is also very common in people of West African, Arab, Jewish, Greek, and Italian descent.
The prevalence of lactose intolerance is lowest in populations with a long history of dependence on unfermented milk products as an important food source. For example, only about 5 percent of people of Northern European descent are lactose intolerant.
[close]

TL;DR: 65% of people in the world are lactose intolerant :o much higher than I expected

Source

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Sebastian

Redacted: Issue being dealt with.

-Maestro

Xaoz

I have never been so speechless in my whole life. Can Ruto and Saria please grow up?

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Maelstrom

What? Could someone explain what happened as clearly and concisely as possible?

braix

What Maelstrom said. Also MLF's wall of text is kinda scary
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Xaoz

Ruto and Saria got offended by the chat MLF quoted (from Tinychat) and called him a perv.

Handsigns please for those that think the chatlog he posted is offending only a single bit? No one? I thought so.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Sebastian

That's what gets me. Those chat logs is The only thing I did. How could someone be offended by that? How does saying, "You're hot" turn into sexual harassment?

Quote from: braixen1264 on February 10, 2015, 07:58:40 AMAlso MLF's wall of text is kinda scary
I pulled a Fierce ;)

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Xaoz on February 10, 2015, 07:53:06 AMI have never been so speechless in my whole life. Can Ruto and Saria please grow up?
if you're telling Ruto to grow up you should consider fucking off yourself instead of spewing out shit like that, she's like the coolest and the most mature person of the forums. You should also consider how mature it was for her to actually take it to the PMs, exactly trying to avoid more dumb drama like this. This thread is already filled enough with this drama shit and you and mlf are just feeding it. And you're shaming Saria for getting disturbed at guys catcalling him, this is exactly what the fuck is wrong at the world today, women get shamed for actions that men have done.

Quote from: Xaoz on February 10, 2015, 08:02:42 AMHandsigns please for those that think the chatlog he posted is offending only a single bit? No one? I thought so.
Catcalling is wrong, disturbing and people have every right to get offended by it, because it objectifies people by their looks. I raise both of my hands.

ninja'd so much for the last off-topic post i guess

Saria

Redacted: Issue being dealt with.

-Maestro
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Sebastian

"Please don't respond to this anyone. If you wanna talk about this, please do it in pms."

My quote.

MaestroUGC

I'm going to say this here, since this seems to be a recurring issue going around the forums.

If you feel like you're being harassed by another member of the forums, please let one of the mods know. You can use either the report button by the offending post, PM us, or both. We will handle it from there and deal with it as we see fit.

As a corollary to the above, if you can provide chat logs, quotes, etc. to us regarding any such behavior, please do so.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 10, 2015, 08:26:53 AM"Please don't respond to this anyone. If you wanna talk about this, please do it in pms."

My quote.
Yeah, because that's totally going to help. You shouldn't have said anything in the first place. Now you look even more foolish by exposing what you did.

I was even starting to like you a little bit ;_;

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 10, 2015, 08:36:53 AMI'm going to say this here, since this seems to be a recurring issue going around the forums.

If you feel like you're being harassed by another member of the forums, please let one of the mods know. You can use either the report button by the offending post, PM us, or both. We will handle it from there and deal with it as we see fit.

As a corollary to the above, if you can provide chat logs, quotes, etc. to us regarding any such behavior, please do so.
quoted since I started a new page
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*