The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

This is Amer- excuse me- 'MURICA. STARTIN' WARS HAS BEEN OUR SPECIALTY SINCE 1776.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maelstrom

Dude

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 03, 2015, 03:34:42 PMLet's not start a war please.....
see slow? he could easily be as good of a mod as maestro is.

mikey

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on February 03, 2015, 04:01:59 PMThis is Amer- excuse me- 'MURICA. STARTIN' WARS HAS BEEN OUR SPECIALTY SINCE 1776.
Wasn't there a Native American war earlier?
unmotivated

DrP

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 03, 2015, 06:52:46 PMWasn't there a Native American war earlier?
To what you're referring to is the Seven Years War, fought between Britain and France.

It took place in North America because Americans were part of Britain at that point in time. It was Britain and American colonists vs. the French and Native Americans (and that is why it's called the French and Indian War)

mikey

unmotivated

DrP

But you were referring to Americans starting that war, for which they did not.

But, yes, Americans like to have wars.

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Mexican-American War
Civil War
Indian Wars (note Andrew Jackson, General Custer, etc..)
Spanish-American War
World War I
World War II
Korea
COLD WAR
Vietnam
Persian Gulf
Iraq
Afghanistan
Random Skirmishes against Terrorists/Regimes with military intervention

Yeah, Americans like War

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Remove Cold War from that list!  It doesn't count!
unmotivated

DrP

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 03, 2015, 08:28:33 PMRemove Cold War from that list!  It doesn't count!
It does too. It was a war of espionage and who could get to space/the moon first.

It was a constant "My c**k is bigger than yours" one-uppery

Nebbles

Agreed with DrP. While it had some battles that occurred during the period, there was no outright conflict between the USA and USSR, the Cold War came to a halt because it was falling apart, and America I believe was gaining an upper hand.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

ZeldaFan

So the other day I saw this lady sitting in her brand new Ford Fusion. I looked away, and when I looked back, she was peeling the tint off her driver's side window!
My guess is she thought it was some kind of protective film on her brand new car (like the film on a new computer or phone) and she just peeled it right off... wtf...

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Dude

Quote from: DrP on February 03, 2015, 08:43:26 PMIt was a constant "My c*** is bigger than yours" one-uppery
i was literally confused for like 5 min then i realized you said cock.

Or do people actually say "My c-word is bigger than yours" over there, because I certainly hope not. :P