News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

True.
That's why some people say Happy Holidays these days.....

SuperFireKirby

Shampoo contains neither sham nor poo though both words are in its name.

Argument won.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Sebastian

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 29, 2015, 03:21:01 PMShampoo contains neither sham nor poo though both words are in its name.

Argument won.
lol

Jub3r7

Can anyone recommend non-conditioning, moisturizing shampoo?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

FireArrow

Christmas was moved to the the date it's at now to convert pagans. Yes, it's a christian holiday, it's just being celebrated at the wrong time because classical Christendom valued converts and control more than it valued the specific date Jesus was born.

And Noc, please don't shout bull shit about communism, social studies teach or not. You're really sounding like the stereotypical stupid American right now.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SuperFireKirby

First off, why wouldn't you want conditioning in your shampoo? It's like a 2 for 1 special!

Also,
Christmas tree: Pagan
Presents under said tree: Pagan
Christmas carols: Pagan
Wreathes: Pagan
Yule log: Pagan
Santa Claus, and most gift giving figures are based off of Odin
Celebrated near winter solstice, marked by the Pagan holiday of Yule(as well as many others, but Yule is the main one)

What more do you want? 14 year-old me loathed Christmas because it nobody actually gives two craps about Jesus' birth anymore. And 14 year-old me knows his shit when it comes to devout Christianity.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

Alright, I'm putting a stop to this before it gets out of hand, like these things usually do around here.

You guys are free to debate the amount of Christianity in Christmas all you want in PMs with each other; but previous debates and arguments on similar subjects on this forum have proved it is not possible to do so here in a respectful and civilized manner.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

Meh, no fun. Especially since I doubt anyone here is passionate enough about communism(read: the devil's political-economic system) or the quantifiable amount of Christianity in Christmas for things to fly off the handle.

MaestroUGC

Be that as it may, I would appreciate if the matter were dropped altogether.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Jub3r7

My hair doesn't want to be conditioned! It wants to be free! FREE!

Also dry skin probably from taking hot showers a lot, so I'm taking faster showers and applying lotion!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYxkFylgQg
(^sorry)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Raymondbl

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2015, 02:31:52 PMI don't think you have the slightest clue what communism actually means.
Nocturne didn't say anything stupid - he's right. When Mao took control of China, he outlawed religious practice. Of course, religion has nothing to do with the concepts of communism itself. But in this case, communism and a ban on religion came hand in hand.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Ruto

Around that time, at least women stopped getting married off. There was a new saying from around Mao that said "women hold up half the world," which did start giving them more autonomy (pretty much the only good thing I can think of). Modern China (the time we're talking about here) isn't very religious overall, but there are tons of folk beliefs. But when you visit, a handout does tells you not to meditate outside your home. Not a complete ban.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 29, 2015, 06:01:50 PMBe that as it may, I would appreciate if the matter were dropped altogether.

You know, a certain government likes to ban the discussion of Communism. /irony

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

blueflower999

In my opinion, the best thing the Chinese government has done since communism took hold was introduce simplified characters. Makes learning the language easier.
Bulbear! Blueflower999