News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

it makes perfect sense when you compare the subject matter and themes of the two shows
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 18, 2015, 05:54:40 PMit makes perfect sense when you compare the subject matter and themes of the two shows
Not really. You're essentially saying that one cannot be good because the other is (rather than judging each by its own merits)... despite the fact that both shows are (or, were) enjoyed by a wide variety of audiences?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 18, 2015, 02:39:53 PMI don't think anyone can call it a BAD show but yea the only noteworthy thing about it is that Korra ended with canon lesbians :J

Oh I'm not saying it's a bad cartoon. I enjoyed it, especially the parts with Zuko. A lot of my friends hyped it though, so I thought it would be better than that is all. I think the hype ruined it for me.
I mostly watched it because I want to watch Korra. Dat ending :3
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

I personally enjoyed ATLA more than LOK, but both are super great shows. Legend of Korra is also a bit more mature in its themes and such, so you might like it more.

Also Season 1 and 2 Spongebob was some pretty brilliant TV frlzies.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 18, 2015, 06:35:23 PMI personally enjoyed ATLA more than LOK, but both are super great shows. Legend of Korra is also a bit more mature in its themes and such, so you might like it more.

Also Season 1 and 2 Spongebob was some pretty brilliant TV frlzies.

Really seasons 1-3, before the creator left, are all really funny. And yea I think Korra is getting more hype because of how new it is and no one knew if it was happening for a while.

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 18, 2015, 08:39:04 PMcanon bisexuals.

Not necessarily, it's never confirmed that they identify as bisexual and just because they've both had experiences with men doesn't make them bisexual :J
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

creators of the show confirmed on their personal tumblr pages that korra and asami were implied to be in a romantic relationship at the end of the series, but due to nickelodeon's limits on what they could show, that was slightly obscured.

edit: also learned according to brychael that nickelodeon was actually supportive of their decision to make Korrasami official but they unfortunately couldn't do everything that they wanted to do.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SuperFireKirby

I think what Slow is saying is that while Korrasami is confirmed, that doesn't necessarily make them bisexual, but only lesbians(I think?). But I'd argue bisexual for Korra at least considering she did have a fairly long-term relationship with Mako.

Spoilers, btw.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Could you people all tag your fucking spoilers pls

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 18, 2015, 02:39:53 PM
Spoiler
I don't think anyone can call it a BAD show but yea the only noteworthy thing about it is that Korra ended with canon lesbians :J
[close]
honestly -_-

• Racial representation
  • A strong and muscular heroine, not to mention the portrayal of women throughout the series
  • The references to politics and religion, the level of spirituality and philosophy in general for an animated series that's from the western culture
  • Book 4
    The portrayal of depression and PTSD
    [close]

All of these are what make Avatar truly unique. (I didn't feel like mentioning things like the great story, action, setting, characters(and their developments) and the music, but Avatar features all of those things and more!) I gotta give a shoutout to Jeremy Zuckerman(my favourite composer) for the amazing work he did on all of the soundtracks. The Legend of Korra features my absolute favourite soundtracks from any show or film ever, but ATLA has a lot of great tracks as well.

I ended up watching The Legend of Korra because I remember the many times when I went to friend's place after school in 5th grade to watch ATLA with him. The series is one of the best ones I've ever seen, and I adore The Legend of Korra and will carry the things that it has taught me to grave.

FireArrow

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 19, 2015, 12:58:21 PM
  • Racial representation
  • A strong and muscular heroine, not to mention the portrayal of women throughout the series
  • The references to politics and religion, the level of spirituality and philosophy in general for an animated series that's from the western culture
  • Book 4
    The portrayal of depression and PTSD
    [close]

This. What Korra brings to the table is pretty revolutionary given it's target audience. There's finally a kids show with racial representation beyond token characters, tomboy girls portrayed not in a humorous manor, LGBTQ representation, and a shit ton of mature themes. It does all this without pushing an agenda either. It's not like a "Girls rool boys drool" kinda show.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Roz~

Quote from: FireArrow on January 19, 2015, 01:08:21 PMThis. What Korra brings to the table is pretty revolutionary given it's target audience. There's finally a kids show with racial representation beyond token characters, tomboy girls portrayed not in a humorous manor, LGBTQ representation, and a shit ton of mature themes. It does all this without pushing an agenda either. It's not like a "Girls rool boys drool" kinda show.

Yeah, tbh I only watched Avatar because I wanted to watch Korra, and might as well watch the prequel. I think I'll probably like Korra more than ATLA.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, you guys pretty much covered all the bases.

While the characters of the Avatar universe can only bend 4 elements, the show itself bends the 5th one. HEART. Seriously, the heart these shows have is nothing less than astounding. Every aspect of ATLA and LoK isn't just good, it excels far above and beyond its peers. The animation, the music, the story, characters and how they develop, everything. Are there low points? Yeah, parts of Book 1: Water(ATLA) and Book 2: Spirits(LoK) were less than amazing. But when you put the whole thing together, it's the kind of stuff the inspires cult-level devotion. I mean, I've been watching this show for 10 years, and I still can't get sick of it.

Also, Woodle, not sure if you're seen this but:
https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zuckerman/the-legend-of-korra-suite-playfest-2014-malaga

Waddle Bro

I have(and it was guud), I've gone through his soundcloud and the Book 1 OST for like 20 times now xd

I'm anxiously waiting for the LoK Book 2-4 soundtracks to release, they say they've been working hard to make it happen but it's a complicated process.

SuperFireKirby

I'm still waiting on an ATLA OST release. It's my favorite soundtrack of all time and the fact that it will probably never get a proper release saddens me. But I am highly anticipating the soundtracks for Books 2-4.