The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Ehhh
There are quite a few works where I'm willing to be more lenient on the discretion between "song" and "piece"
But nothing by Chopin really fits that category

SlowPokemon

Generally speaking, if it has lyrics, it's a song. If it doesn't, it's a piece.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Wait so electro/house/dubstep with no lyrics aren't songs?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

blueflower999

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 14, 2015, 07:34:43 PMYou're both wrong, it's a composition!
Technically isn't every musical work a composition?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

braix

Who cares about technical terms? Everything is just a combination of sounds made to sound good. That's all.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

I feel you, I need to learn that song for my next recital. After learning Bach's 900mph fugue in E major, I really don't want another song that makes me do hanon. .-.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 14, 2015, 07:36:35 PMWho cares about technical terms? Everything is just a combination of sounds made to sound good. That's all.
sounds *and silences
unmotivated

FireArrow

lol i just said song
i am an accidental master troll
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Then why is it called the Song of Storms
O_O
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

because piece of storms sounds really stupid
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bubbles

After years of looking at my sad corner of piano music, I had the brilliant idea to ask a community of piano players this question: how do you organize your printed sheet music? Currently I have 3+ two inch binders that are completely filled, but those basically sit on the shelf and look pretty. I've also got stacks of other music (the ones I play mostly) that I desperately try to keep organized. Any day that isn't directly the day after I clean it, it looks like a crazy mess of papers.

My violin teacher taped her pages together so they flip like a book, but idk if that would work well for me (not to mention literal hours of taping). I was wondering if there's any other less messy way to organize all of these papers?