News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 11:12:49 AMI didn't know gen 1 had a meta  ::)
how come psychic isn't super effective against psychic like the cards
probably because the cards are not the definitive edition of the concept of Pokemon lol
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Gen 1 didn't really have a meta, but they fucked up making moves effective against Psychic. Ghost accidentally did nothing, and bug moves were weak as shit and could barely damage them. Dark and Steel were made to balance out Psychic types so you can't have an easy "press A to win" Pokemon and blast through the game.

Fairies were made with the same purpose to balance out other types. Gave dragons another counter they needed, and Poison and Steel a type they could be strong against due to many popular Pokemon used in competitive play could easily deal with them. Poison seriously needed a buff.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on January 14, 2015, 11:38:05 AMGen 1 didn't really have a meta, but they fucked up making moves effective against Psychic. Ghost accidentally did nothing, and bug moves were weak as shit and could barely damage them. Dark and Steel were made to balance out Psychic types so you can't have an easy "press A to win" Pokemon and blast through the game.

Fairies were made with the same purpose to balance out other types. Gave dragons another counter they needed, and Poison and Steel a type they could be strong against due to many popular Pokemon used in competitive play could easily deal with them. Poison seriously needed a buff.
poison is doing better but it still needs some good offensive moves imo :P the only decent one I usually come across is Poison Jab, and even then most poison types i use don't learn it besides through tm. Poison Sting, a staple to almost every poison type in the game, is completely worthless 100% of the time lol.

mikey

I thought poison needed a move buff though?
Like the best things they have are gunk shot (70 accuracy) cross poison sludge bomb and poison jab?
Meanwhile every other type has a plethora of strong stab moves, especially water fire and grass
unmotivated

Nebbles

Yeah, I like Poison types a lot but they need some better STAB moves and diversity imo, I'd like to see some new type combos with it.

mikey

I'd say drapion is a good example of what a poison type should be imo (also acupressure)
If weezing were buffed to match today's standards of tanks then he'd be good
unmotivated

blueflower999

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 11:54:30 AMIf weezing were buffed to match today's standards of tanks then he'd be good
Weezing is still a pretty good physical wall in the lower tier metagames. Only one weakness plus great defenses and a decent support movepool that includes Will-o-Wisp. It can wall most physical fighters.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

WHY DOES EVERYONE GENDER POKÉMON WEEZING CAN BE FEMALE
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Because masculine is generally used in the english language for gender neutrality  ::) not sure why you don't get that
unmotivated

mikey

5 streetpasses today and counting, not to mention 7 on monday.
I love college
unmotivated

Nebbles

Wait until you go to a convention for something. Well over 100 streetpasses in hours.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on January 14, 2015, 12:05:41 PMWait until you go to a convention for something. Well over 100 streetpasses in hours.
we should have an NSM meet up at a con someday.

Waddle Bro

I've used and imo Weezing is actually viable on Ubers, I think it's one of the most viable Poison-types in the tier, you scrubs

Blue, it's not that great in the lower tiers apart from NU. You have mons like Doublade and Gligar in RU which imo fill the role of a physical wall much better.

ninja'd x5 chill

MaestroUGC

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 14, 2015, 12:10:24 PMwe should have an NSM meet up at a con someday.
Next Year at PAX [Insert convention here]
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT