News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Mormons?

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 08, 2015, 09:37:45 AMI adore the cello, that's so cool. I want to play violin or cello or another string instrument REALLY badly but all I can play is the dumb piano.
Dumb piano? My dad would be appauled ;)
I like the piano too! Personally, I like the cello better than the violin.

SlowPokemon

Piano is nice and all and it definitely suits me but I find it really hard to write music for piano, I much more enjoy writing for orchestra.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

I can't say I'm a big fan of the piano either.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 08, 2015, 09:57:31 AMI much more enjoy writing for orchestra.
Thats very true. Its hard to write for piano...

Magic Mole

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 08, 2015, 09:38:59 AMPersonally, I like the cello better than the violin.
Ouch xD
Honestly though, even though I play the violin, I might like listening to cello just a bit more...

MaestroUGC

One of my cellist friends keeps bugging me to write something for him. I already wrote a concerto, so I guess a sonata will do this time around.

Magic Mole

I think I'm finally gonna get to play some Irish music with my school orchestra. I really do love Irish music.  ;D
I think this is one of the things we're gonna play.

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 08, 2015, 12:33:47 PMOne of my cellist friends keeps bugging me to write something for him. I already wrote a concerto, so I guess a sonata will do this time around.
A solo piece?? If you do, I'd be very interested! :)

Quote from: Magic Mole on January 08, 2015, 12:28:41 PMOuch xD
Honestly though, even though I play the violin, I might like listening to cello just a bit more...
Haha...thats ok. My opinion :P
It's nice to have a new fellow musician around that is inactive or crazy....lol

MaestroUGC

FierceDeity

I feel like finale's awful timpani playback has made me underwrite it much more than I should

MaestroUGC

I've just learned to ignore the playback and write what I want.

Olimar12345

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 08, 2015, 08:43:53 PMI've just learned to ignore the playback and write what I want.

^You win the prize
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 08, 2015, 08:43:53 PMI've just learned to ignore the playback and write what I want.

I try, and for most instruments it works, but the timpani is just so atrocious I can't handle it
Sometimes I just mute it because that sounds better than an oversized roto tom

MaestroUGC

Pssh, Finale doesn't even have col legno playback, so I stopped caring years ago.

DrP

I just ordered some new computer components today (including a new monitor!)

SO EXCITED!!! I am so happy that Amazon delivers on Sundays!!