News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Holy shit, guys. I've been at my high school all day hanging out with friends and old teachers, and I come to find that this thread is 10 pages longer than it was last night...I can't believe I missed ALL OF THAT. Sorry for bringing that up again.

Overall, I had a really great day. I got to see a lot of friends who I've missed since I moved, and I think I'll probably go back on Friday.
Party Hard!
[close]

Magic Mole

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 07, 2015, 11:54:30 AMI am going to be putting songs on youtube (copyrighted songs like movie music and such.) I'll be playing the with my cello.
You play cello? Is that your primary instrument? I play the violin, so I was curious. :P
I would love to watch your vids when you put them up. I've thought about making videos of me playing before, but I don't have any microphones that don't make everything sound like trash.

mikey

lol a couple pages back I was gonna make a post about how I find most Muslims to smell funny to me lol but it never went through!
DODGED A BULLET THERE
unmotivated

Ruto

After this sort of distraction and mix up of hotlines to call, I finally dialed the correct number to report this crazy guy on the subway for threatening random passengers that wouldn't shut up for the entire 40 minute train ride. He mentioned a weapon so I guess that was serious, even though most people just left the train car to get away from his ranting.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

The Deku Trombonist

Wow, yesterday we set a new record for the number of posts made in a day.

K-NiGhT

good job everyone? if only it was under better circumstances lol
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

I did not expect th elevel of bitterness a gin and tonic has.  Innnnnteresting.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Gin has a slightly piney taste (because of the juniper) and a bit of bitterness because of the tonic water, but I really like it!

G&Ts are my favorite drinks with hard alcohol.

On Monday night, I got a Gin Mule (A Moscow mule with Gin instead of vodka) and it was delicious because the ginger beer complemented the gin well. Gotta love having an expense account!

Nebbles

Gosh, I can't wait to turn 21. I'm excited to order my first drink.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

Yea it definitely grew on me, both of the components are pretty distinct (and it probably helped that I bought overpriced tonic water with agave syrup instead of corn syrup)

Rather than spending so much on drinks while I'm out, I'm just slowly building up a collection to mix with at home, and then I try out one or two when I feel up to it (and depending on the night and/or events of the day lol)

me irl
[close]

DrP

That's what I did. Every 2 weeks when I'd go food shopping, I'd buy a different alcohol and some mixers. I built up a collection, so then I could invite people over and it was better than going out.

Tom Collins are really good if you can make the mix fresh (lemons juice and simple syrup). Agave syrup is so much better for you too!

And then once you figure out what you like, you definitely stick to it (My alcohol of choice is gin and this honey liqueur that my family makes every year... Everything else is kind of meh, I'm not a huge whiskey family fan. And I had some bad experiences with vodka and tequila).

I got a giftcard to a website that sells small batch spirits, so I bought a bottle of small batch gin that is distilled with honey from this tiny place in Vermont. I can't wait to try it!!

SuperFireKirby

And if you ever get the opportunity, buy mead. Mead is the BEST alcoholic drink there is. Period. The fucking vikings built entire halls just for one fucking drink. And that fucking drink was mead. Trust vikings, they know their shit.

I have know clue where to get it though, other than this one dude that sells it at the pagan commune I go to on occasion.

UPDATE: HOLY POOP, THERE'S A DUDE OPENING UP A MEADERY RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME SOON. GAFLIUSHFKDFHJh

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: DrP on January 07, 2015, 10:48:51 PMhoney liqueur that my family makes every year
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 07, 2015, 11:13:20 PMMead
Same thing.

Whenever I go to Lithuania (where they make the good stuff and have a whole aisle at the grocery store dedicated to it), I bring back a few bottles.

However, mead is a drink that you drink with people imo.

KefkaticFanatic

Heh, my friend hypes up tom collins all the time as well, I'll try one out when I get around to buying a citrus squeezer (or I could just make do with some bottled stuff and move up later)

me irl
[close]

DrP

Honestly, the mix is really gross (plus most have corn syrup, but SEA and PDX might have a special once -- I should check WFM when I get back home and see what they got).

Tom Collins aren't bitter like G&Ts. They're slightly sour and tangy. Sometimes, I dump a little of the maraschino cherry liquid to add a little bit of extra flavor (WFM has this organic jar of them that are FANTASTIC!)