News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 21, 2014, 11:54:55 AMA wii U isn't worth 300 bucks IMO.
If you can find it for 200ish then that's a better deal.  I got 2 for 175 each

Yap, you can get a refurb for $200 straight from Nintendo, which is the only way it would be worth it to me as console on its own once the library is of a sufficient size.  I would also accept a bundle with a game I wanted for ~$250 o:

Also, there are plenty of people who either can't afford or don't want to spend the time on the upkeep of a gaming PC, so a console that actually supports modern multiplatform games i.e. PS4 or XBONE would be a solid choice just for that reason.  As someone who is personally able to have a high end gaming PC this isn't an issue, but I can see it being one for others, and see that being a key selling point for one of those consoles.  This is one of the major disadvantages of Wii U in a pure console competition as well.  It really only functions as a supplement given that it really only has its own unique titles, and can't compete on the multiplatform front, at least not competently.

me irl
[close]

braix

can i change my username to braixen1264? im getting bored of zoroark1264 lmao
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Pm our lord and savior jamaha if you want to change your username
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 21, 2014, 02:48:32 AM
lots of stuff
I'm personally tired of how they're releasing mario games so I'm not that excited about 3d world (it's nice as a distraction on a portable device but meh on a console, mario galaxy even started feeling like a chore to me and as far as I can tell 3d world is even more linear)

Smash I'm not going to consider until the GCN adapter is remade, and even still it's really only worth getting as a casual party game as I feel that melee is more enjoyable competitively.

MK8 is also primarily party game, I'm not that excited just playing Mario Kart on my own beyond a distraction on portable device so I discount that

Hyule Warriors I feel is moderately fun, but not worth more than like $20-30 and thus more of an "addon" title, not anything worth buying console for

Pikmin 3 I have at home with the Wii U we have there.  It's fun yea, though I haven't had the motivation to pick it up and finish it...

I've heard good things about Wonderful 101, so that's definitely one game of interest to me.

Splatoon just looks like another generic quirky shooter, and I already have like 15 of those I've never even installed on Steam.  Not that exciting to me.

New Zelda is new Zelda and I will probably want to play it since I still don't find those games old (though ALBW was sort of disappointing to me :\)

Xenoblade I know nothing about.  Sounds neat, but that would just be +1 game for me.

My thoughts are that I'm going to be spending minimum $200 on just the console, which if I'm getting unbundled I'll have to add another $50 for at least one game given Nintendo games almost never go on sale.  Then, I had sure better hope I'm going to have enough to look forward to make me not feel bad about that $200 down payment on console, which as I detailed above isn't super ideal personally.  I do have to be a bit frugal at least :x

Some people might be totally content with those titles, but eh.  That's my reasoning.

Though, at this point I haven't actually looked much at all at the exclusive titles that the other two are getting.  The release titles weren't that exciting but I've heard there are some pretty interesting ones that have been shown off recently o;  I'm just being patient as I have more than enough options with my PC at the moment :D
[close]

Ah, ok. At least now I know it's largely a difference in tastes, haha. I personally loved super mario galaxy and ALBW, so I have no reason to doubt their successors. But I can understand your reservations concerning the GCN adapter and the price of Hyrule Warriors.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 21, 2014, 12:36:21 PMAlso, there are plenty of people who either can't afford or don't want to spend the time on the upkeep of a gaming PC, so a console that actually supports modern multiplatform games i.e. PS4 or XBONE would be a solid choice just for that reason.  As someone who is personally able to have a high end gaming PC this isn't an issue, but I can see it being one for others, and see that being a key selling point for one of those consoles.  This is one of the major disadvantages of Wii U in a pure console competition as well.  It really only functions as a supplement given that it really only has its own unique titles, and can't compete on the multiplatform front, at least not competently.

See, I've always just thought this was kinda silly. The hardware for Nintendo consoles may have been getting more gimmicky over the years, but at least it's "required" to play their games the way the creators intended. The fact that PS4 and XBOne are essentially replaceable by a somewhat more expensive PC is why I consider them so much less worthwhile than a WiiU. Most people need a PC anyways, and even nice laptops can play most next gen games. Hell, even my laptop which (refurbished) cost less than PS4 or XBOne can suit my gaming needs for the most part. And that argument's not even considering PC-exclusive games, which it seems strange to consider on a whole different plane from console-oriented ones. While it's a shame that Nintendo didn't develop the Wii U to be appealing to 3rd party developers, it's at least consistent with Nintendo's history of having its main selling point be exclusive first-party titles.

TL;DR the Wii U may be lacking in hardware capability and extensive library, but at least it's necessary (and called for) to play its games.

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 21, 2014, 09:43:18 AMI want to try some M rated shooters, like Halo 5, or CoD: AW.

PC all the way man, you need a computer anyways might as well spend a little bit more to bypass buying a whole other system (or just buy the valve complete pack and you can play almost everything on there even on relatively shitty computers!). Also, it's not rated M, but do consider Team Fortress 2 (FREE), as it is literally my favorite multiplayer FPS game in existence.

MaestroUGC

I'm I the only one who didn't have a problem getting a GC adapter for Smash?

I walked into Best Buy the day after it came out and they still had like 6 on the shelf. In fact I'm pretty sure I saw some there when I went this past weekend.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 21, 2014, 07:30:21 PMI'm I the only one who didn't have a problem getting a GC adapter for Smash?

I walked into Best Buy the day after it came out and they still had like 6 on the shelf. In fact I'm pretty sure I saw some there when I went this past weekend.
I'll get one if I decide I need it to play smash.
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

I don't even use it, I mainly got it for my friends who don't like to adapt like a bunch of big babies.

I actually prefer the Pro Controller over them all.

Olimar12345

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 21, 2014, 07:30:21 PMI walked into Best Buy the day after it came out and they still had like 6 on the shelf. In fact I'm pretty sure I saw some there when I went this past weekend.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 21, 2014, 07:38:14 PMI don't even use it

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 21, 2014, 07:38:14 PMI don't even use it, I mainly got it for my friends who don't like to adapt like a bunch of big babies.

I tried using the Gamcube controller (for Brawl), and I didn't like it that much.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ThatGamer

I'll just stick with, Resident Evil, ZombiU, Mass Effect, and (gasps) Sonic for now, I think. Because I don't play PC, and Xbox is $430 away.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 21, 2014, 07:23:31 PMThe fact that PS4 and XBOne are essentially replaceable by a somewhat more expensive PC is why I consider them so much less worthwhile than a WiiU.

One of the biggest differences though is the convenience and ease of use.  With most console releases, you can just pick up the game and have it working right away.  PC games will run differently based on hardware, might have weirdo compatibility issues, and perhaps will just not work for some mystery reason because of release date bug pertinent to your GPU.  While console games have their share of problems, they usually don't have the same sort of potential unplayable or game breaking issues that some PC titles might have on release!

There are definitely plenty of people that would be willing to spend the time obviously, but there are also lots of casual gamers, people that just want to spend their free time on games and not on building a PC, or perhaps less tech savvy people that just want to get right into the game.  I see consoles being a better choice overall for such individuals.

I'm sure I'll find getting a Wii U to be worth it at some point, but recently I've just been getting a bit tired of a lot of Nintendo's iterative churning of many of their titles as you might have noticed in some of my posts.  Not much else to say about it that hasn't been said ;D

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

I mean, you don't have to build your own, but it does make it more affordable.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 21, 2014, 07:38:14 PMI don't even use it, I mainly got it for my friends who don't like to adapt like a bunch of big babies.

I can see myself coming to like the pro controller; I'll admit that my preference for GCN is mostly because I'm used to it. Though, is there a C-stick equivalent for smash?

mikey

ew why would you like the pro controller it's basically a glorified Xbox controller
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

The Pro Controller is literally the Gamepad without the screen. It's pretty nice.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.