News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Sebastian

Quote from: Bubbles on October 23, 2014, 01:20:04 PMI always thought you did. huh.
I live about 2 hours from Chicago. My Grandma lives in Pennsylvania and my Great Grandparents live in Pittsburgh. I really like where my Grandma lives. Wish I lived there.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Dude

I find it amusing how your location says you're in Chicago but you're nowhere near it. You're on the complete opposite side of the state! xD

Bubbles

Maelstrom

Dude

SuperFireKirby

Everyone just move to Seattle in a couple years and you can all party with NSM's very own good-time grandmaster, me.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

braix

I used to live a couple minutes from the location of the first McDonald's.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 23, 2014, 06:49:02 PMEveryone just move to Seattle in a couple years and you can all party with NSM's very own good-time grandmaster, me.
Seattle confirmed pretty gud

me irl
[close]

Zunawe

My computer is currently computing the factorial of the number 6222227. It has been doing so for about 12 hours now. I'm excited.

Factorials
For those of you who forgot or haven't covered it, a factorial is a mathematical operation that multiplies a number by every integer between itself and 0. It is represented by an exclamation point. As you can imagine, the're big. 5! = 120, 6! = 720, and so on. For a little more perspective on how significant this calculation is, imagine calculating 150!. The first thing you do is multiply 150 by 149. And that by 148. And so on. Which means that the first 50 calculations alone, you do are multiplying by a number over 100. In other words, one third of the individual multiplications you must do are in total already much, much greater than 100^50. And it only gets bigger (263 digits long if you were wondering).
[close]
Computing
This doesn't really sound so exciting at first, but it's actually not an easy thing to do. When a computer creates an integer, it sets aside 4 bytes of data for said integer. This equates to 32 bits, which can store a maximum value of 2^32 - 1 = 4 294 967 295. And that sounds impressive until you need a bigger number. After that you need to find another way to store numbers. Also, it took 30 seconds to calculate 7000!. So fun math. And for those of you curious about memory and such, I'm running it on a virtual machine, so I can still do stuff on my computer. The VM is kinda dying though.
[close]
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Bloop