News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Here's my LAST one :P

Heres what Im talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture
When I say dissappear, I'm refering to the Rapture: When all who have accepted Jesus as their personal Saviour are taken to Heaven.

MaestroUGC

I got raptured once, but it appeared to be a clerical error so they sent me back.

Something about "not being a practicing Pastafarian" whatever that means.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 21, 2014, 06:25:25 PMI got raptured once, but it appeared to be a clerical error so they sent me back.

That is golden

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 21, 2014, 06:25:25 PMI got raptured once, but it appeared to be a clerical error so they sent me back.

*sigh*
Someone is going to punch you one day.  :-\
But seriously that is kinda rude to me. But you will be awfully surprised when it does happen....

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 06:31:12 PM*sigh*
But seriously that is kinda rude to me. But you will be awfully surprised when it does happen....
I think that
A) He's probably already been punched
B) The kid who punched him got punched twice as hard by karma
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 21, 2014, 06:32:45 PMB) The kid who punched him got punched twice as hard by karma
Ok....really...shutup

MaestroUGC

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 06:33:53 PMOk....really...shutup
Uh, is karma not in your religion or something?  Because karma actually works
unmotivated

Olimar12345

This is why we don't debate touchy topics, mariolegofan! People can get offended!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Yeah, I would be calmer but it looks like "Its just a joke" gets in my way all the time around here.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 21, 2014, 06:35:16 PMUh, is karma not in your religion or something?  Because karma actually works
lol...no.....

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 21, 2014, 06:36:20 PMThis is why we don't debate touchy topics, mariolegofan! People can get offended!
I only get offended beacuse it seems like I'm made fun of a lot not anything they said about Evolution or Christianity.

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 06:31:12 PM*sigh*

Like I was awfully surprised at the supposed last judgement day? What makes your beliefs more valid than another? The religious mind set is "I'm right, whether you believe me or not." The scientific mind set is "I'm right until you prove me wrong." See the difference? One is based around the search for the correct answer, the other is based around the justification of one answer.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on October 21, 2014, 06:39:30 PMLike I was awfully surprised at the supposed last judgement day? What makes your beliefs more valid than another? The religious mind set is "I'm right, whether you believe me or not." The scientific mind set is "I'm right until you prove me wrong." See the difference? One is based around the search for the correct answer, the other is based around the justification of one answer.
Im not talking about Science anymore...

blueflower999

Quote from: FireArrow on October 21, 2014, 06:39:30 PMLike I was awfully surprised at the supposed last judgement day? What makes your beliefs more valid than another? The religious mind set is "I'm right, whether you believe me or not." The scientific mind set is "I'm right until you prove me wrong." See the difference? One is based around the search for the correct answer, the other is based around the justification of one answer.
Why not both? Science and religion go together quite nicely if you ask me.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Look, I was raised Catholic, but I was also raised to seek out the truth. Science and Faith are not mutually exclusive unless you force them to be.