News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 21, 2014, 09:19:21 AMNot the word for it. Animals cannot reason. They act on instinct. They may learn, but cannot learn more than simple cause and effect principles. And they lack the ability to know to stop when the reward stops (Conditioning).
INSTINCT! Thats the word I was looking for :)
And I totally agree. You cant go from that to Human.
Oh and Clanker I wasnt hoping for a flame war just a friendly debate. You wanna send the first pm?
I wouldnt mind talking about it :)
Or would you rather have a debate topic (where cool debates are held of course)?

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 09:25:03 AMOr would you rather have a debate topic (where cool debates are held of course)?
For something to be a debate, facts are needed.
And we don't need a debate thread
It ends up happening on every thread anyway.....

Olimar12345

I think we already locked a debate thread once lol
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 21, 2014, 09:32:41 AMFor something to be a debate, facts are needed.
And we don't need a debate thread
It ends up happening on every thread anyway.....
Yeah, Im planning on using facts :)

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 21, 2014, 09:34:22 AMI think we already locked a debate thread once lol
This one wont be :)

Maelstrom

SuperFireKirby

You guys really think animals can't use logic and reason? Sure, lower intelligence animals(like, an ant, for instance) can't but higher intelligence animals such as chimpanzees and dolphins hve been observed using complex problem-solving, forms of language, and structure within their societies.

MLP, debate requires the sole use of reason and factual evidence. Unfortunately for you, God exists beyond both of those. You cannot prove or disprove God's existence, therefore it cannot be debated. Evolution has never been disproven by any form of scientific evidence, therefore debating it is pointless.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on October 21, 2014, 09:47:58 AMMLP, debate requires the sole use of reason and factual evidence. Unfortunately for you, God exists beyond both of those. You cannot prove or disprove God's existence, therefore it cannot be debated. Evolution has never been disproven by any form of scientific evidence, therefore debating it is pointless.
Exactly, It takes faith in both instances. I still think we should debate Evolution though. I dont think there is a way I could prove God to you....unless I used the Bible.

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 21, 2014, 09:50:36 AMI hope not. *grabs popcorn and a chair*
lol....so you dont mind if we start a debate about Evolution (a cool one of course)?
But.....looks like I'd be the only one representing the fallibility of Evolution...

FierceDeity

Honestly, I was just about ready to start a flame war until I realized how absurdly far gone you already are. I've been trying harder to avoid lost causes, lately, and this bullshit reasoning:
Quote from: maelstrom. on October 21, 2014, 09:19:21 AMNot the word for it. Animals cannot reason. They act on instinct. They may learn, but cannot learn more than simple cause and effect principles. And they lack the ability to know to stop when the reward stops (Conditioning).
Quote from: maelstrom. on October 21, 2014, 09:22:49 AMthe numbers of evolution don't add up and random mutations alone are not enough to create large new amounts of DNA
demonstrates to me that you're way too deeply entrenched in dogmatic rationalization to display even the faintest glimmer of hope.
(TL;DR)

Also, MLF, I agree with clanker when he says
Quote from: Clanker37 on October 21, 2014, 09:17:38 AMI hope your youthful ignorance is the cause.
Maybe you guys are PMing and he's pointed this out, but if not, just know that
Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 08:57:12 AMBut Evolution (Not scientifically observed) as in Amoeba to Frog to Kitty to Monkey to Human is just a fallacy. You can't, no matter how hard you try or how long you wait, get Intelligence from a Non-Intelligent being (Monkey=Non-Intelligent to Human=Intelligent.)
^^this is one of the least accurate representations of evolutionary theory that I have ever seen. Please try to learn what you're disagreeing with before you actually disagree with it.

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 09:53:04 AMBut.....looks like I'd be the only one representing the fallibility of Evolution...
I don't necessarily agree with evolution. Neither Creation nor Evolution can be proven without a doubt or disproven completely. That is why debates are endless. There are much better things to debate.

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 09:53:04 AMlol....so you dont mind if we start a debate about Evolution

MLF, I am not a mod. I am simply an updater. You don't need my permission for everything.

Though you probably shouldn't make a topic about it, as entertaining as it may be..

Sebastian

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 21, 2014, 09:56:24 AMThat is why debates are endless. There are much better things to debate.
Like what?

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 21, 2014, 09:55:06 AMthat^^this is one of the least accurate representations of evolutionary theory that I have ever seen. Please try to learn what you're disagreeing with before you actually disagree with it.
Ok....what is evolution then my friend?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 21, 2014, 09:56:45 AMMLF, I am not a mod. I am simply an updater. You don't need my permission for everything.

Though you probably shouldn't make a topic about it, as entertaining as it may be..
Haha yeah....depends on if people would actually be interested. It would bring a lot of attention.

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 09:58:28 AMLike what?
Say..... idk. Anything but that. Maybe what the best video game is and why. Something more based on opinions and less based on worldviews.

Sebastian

I still think it would be interesting to see what people think about evolution. Like on a debate.