The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 20, 2014, 05:17:01 PMOk.....thats optimistic ::)
Evolution.......so illogical.

Is it just me, or is this incredibly self-centered reasoning?

evolution is obviously fake cuz it means im not special
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 20, 2014, 05:17:01 PMOk.....thats optimistic ::)
Evolution.......so illogical.

Evolution accurately explains the origin of species so that's not up for debate.

I guess I'll destroy some more optimism and add that if you're poor, it's really hard to get something in life. Everyone's probably heard of that homeless girl that went to Harvard, but forget all the rich people's kids that also get in that obviously didn't have to struggle in life. I remember reading that Ivy Leagues weren't so diverse if you looked at the demographics of the students' parents. Lots of them are doctors and lawyers, etc. Not fast food workers.

Anyway since I'd like real income, NSM should vote for me in this art contest so I can make it as a finalist and win lots of money. I'm just doing this until I get a real science job. I can't expect any support in either science or art from anyone in my family!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Dude

I thought about starting a religious fight, but for some reason I don't feel like it this time.

Weird. :-\

mikey

Yeah so thanks for the "do well in school advice" but I kind of meant whether UCLA is a good option or not :P
like you guys who are in cali haha
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

As with every other school, it depends what you want to do. UCLA is a good school, no doubt, but there are a few areas that it's spectacular in, and a few where it's lacking.

Also, regardless of whether it suits your major, don't set your sights on just one school. The odds that any one school is the best place for you (that you can get into) are very low. Don't be afraid to set your sights higher (assuming it's possible for your profession), and don't shrug off schools that might be less prestigious. Also, try not to make tuition cost an object when you apply, unless you KNOW there's no way you're getting in with good enough scholarships/aid to afford it. You might be surprised; my school was among the high end of schools I applied to, and full cost of attendance is roughly $64k+ per year. There's no way in hell I could have afforded that. But, my scholarship ended up covering all of tuition. Granted, this is becoming more likely for private schools than for public, but it's still something to keep in mind, wherever you apply.

SlowPokemon

God college football is the stupidest thing I've ever experienced. It invokes dumb comments like that one Olimar made EVERYWHERE and I'm SICK OF IT. I'm not going to hate a school just because it's our "rival?" I don't even care if people are joking when they say things like that it's so idiotic

/unjustified rant
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 21, 2014, 07:57:10 AMGod college football is the stupidest thing I've ever experienced. It invokes dumb comments like that one Olimar made EVERYWHERE and I'm SICK OF IT. I'm not going to hate a school just because it's our "rival?" I don't even care if people are joking when they say things like that it's so idiotic

/unjustified rant
I agree. College football is kind of a joke. It's seriously hyped up so much that it's not even enjoyable for me.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 21, 2014, 07:57:10 AMrant

dont listen to them nocturne there facts arnt true

if youre skool dosnt have a good footsballing teem then whey go their?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Ruto on October 20, 2014, 08:33:25 PMEvolution accurately explains the origin of species so that's not up for debate.

Well....Im not going to agree so....
I do believe in MICRO Evolution (Scientifically observed) though (Example: Dogs.) I think there used to be one breed of dog and over time more breeds of dogs were born (Poodles, German Shepherds, Bull dogs, you name it.)
But Evolution (Not scientifically observed) as in Amoeba to Frog to Kitty to Monkey to Human is just a fallacy. You can't, no matter how hard you try or how long you wait, get Intelligence from a Non-Intelligent being (Monkey=Non-Intelligent to Human=Intelligent.)

Quote from: K-NiGhT on October 21, 2014, 07:59:17 AMI agree. College football is kind of a joke. It's seriously hyped up so much that it's not even enjoyable for me.
Yeah, never really liked College Football....haha :)

Olimar12345

My dog can roll over when I tell her to. Is she unintelligent?

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 21, 2014, 09:04:57 AMMy dog can roll over when I tell her to. Is she unintelligent?
So can my dog. But its a different kind of intelligence. A mind. There isn't one animal that has a mind like humans.
Thought you were a christian

Clanker37

Being a christian does not constitute a disbelief in evolution.

You are scientifically inaccurate, MLF for various reasons, mainly that we have evidence for evolution. There are other reasons, of course, but I will not discuss them now. I hope your youthful ignorance is the cause.

If you wish to continue this discussion, I will gladly do in PM's. I will not, and I hope others follow suit, discuss this in this topic, since the last thing we need is a public flame war.

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 21, 2014, 09:10:57 AMBut it's a different kind of intelligence. A mind.
Not the word for it. Animals cannot reason. They act on instinct. They may learn, but cannot learn more than simple cause and effect principles. And they lack the ability to know to stop when the reward stops (Conditioning).

Maelstrom

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 21, 2014, 09:17:38 AMBeing a christian does not constitute a disbelief in evolution.
Double post, but this^

You cannot refute evolution just because it does not go along with the literal interpretation of the Bible. You need facts. Like how the numbers of evolution don't add up and random mutations alone are not enough to create large new amounts of DNA

This conversation should probably be dropped now, from past experiences (e.g. before Fierce shows up)