News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Literally HTML is more flexible and diverse BBCode. (Yes, it was derived oppositely, but for people who are used to this that's a decent explanation). W3 schools has some good tutorials for HTML. Web design gets much more fun with Javascript and CSS.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

Quote from: Zunawe on October 08, 2014, 12:31:45 PMLiterally HTML is more flexible and diverse BBCode. (Yes, it was derived oppositely, but for people who are used to this that's a decent explanation). W3 schools has some good tutorials for HTML. Web design gets much more fun with Javascript and CSS.
I'm going to try to take a javascript class next semester :)
unmotivated

Zunawe

If possible, learn the basics of an easy programming language beforehand. Honestly, Java would be fine. It will be infinitely helpful to have a basic knowledge of programming before taking a programming class.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

Quote from: Zunawe on October 08, 2014, 01:05:43 PMIf possible, learn the basics of an easy programming language beforehand. Honestly, Java would be fine. It will be infinitely helpful to have a basic knowledge of programming before taking a programming class.
Does Python and MATLAB count?
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Zunawe on October 08, 2014, 12:31:45 PMLiterally HTML is more flexible and diverse BBCode. (Yes, it was derived oppositely, but for people who are used to this that's a decent explanation). W3 schools has some good tutorials for HTML. Web design gets much more fun with Javascript and CSS.
Unfortunately not all of the info on W3Schools is entirely correct (although it is fairly user friendly), the Mozilla Development Network is more reliable.

Zunawe

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 08, 2014, 02:34:38 PMDoes Python and MATLAB count?
Python is great for learning the basics. Just know that it's much more convenient and lenient than most languages.

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 08, 2014, 06:53:44 PMUnfortunately not all of the info on W3Schools is entirely correct (although it is fairly user friendly), the Mozilla Development Network is more reliable.
For learning the basics of "how to HTML" I think it's one of the best. If anybody gets really interested in it and decides to go further, they'll probably end up using a lot of other resources anyway.

And in other news, yay internets:

I program things

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah, it's still pretty good for basics.

What?? How?? Damn my Australian internet.

Zunawe

That's the wired internet speed in my dorm room. In practice it's only about 11 Mb/s, but it's still ridiculous. I downloaded Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in a few minutes.

I program things

K-NiGhT

I have about the same speed in my dorm :3
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

unmotivated

Ruto

I'm just doing the finishing touches now <3

I started this last October actually xD I've been working on it on and off, and did more than 50% of it in the past month because I got a lot faster at it. Not sure if I'll do it again though :D There are about 10,000 rings on it!

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Maelstrom

Waddle Bro

Woah Ruto what kind of a sick dress is that? also pics someone wearing it

kefka would be a perfect model am i right

Maelstrom

Any good suggestions for an affordable piano/voice mic? 

Waddle Bro

I have a Blue Snowball White USB mic(which is very reasonably priced) that I use to record vocal samples. The quality is great for the price, I bet you could google for a vocal test! It's easy to use, too!