The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Right now, I live in the home of the first McDonald's. You can't get closer to the heart of 'murica than this.
My mom wants a change in scenery though, my dad is bored of his job, and they doesn't like the weather here so I'm forced to go to Cali anyway.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

I'm convinced weather is not a thing you can "like", only tolerate.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

California in a nut shell:

SoCal: Technology center of the US, very urbanized. Lots of things to do.
Bay Area: Really good food. Lots of Asians and gays. Driving is a pain.
NoCal: Less urbanized. Every outdoor activity (we literally have everything from skiiing to wine tasting all within an hour drive from eachother.) People are relatively friendly. Cheaper.

EDIT: Your mom would like would like northern, your dad would like the bay area (the weather is 70 degrees year round, though there is fog)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: zoroark1264 on October 01, 2014, 09:15:23 PMI can't say exactly where yet until next week. My parents are looking for houses in North California, but they initially wanted to go to South California but idk. Where is better?
South South South

Southern California is very nice during the winter, but it is absolutely terrible during the summer- you MUST have a working air conditioning unit, and the heat might make you reluctant to go outside; if you'll live somewhere near the shore (maybe around Los Angeles) or the mountains (like Idyllwild, but I wouldn't recommend that :P), it shouldn't be as bad, though. There are lots of ugly bugs here, especially if you have neighbors with giant fruit trees.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

I'll say where I'm going soon. I literally have no choice in where I'm going.
If I could choose, I'd rather just not move at all. I hate the sun and I love cold winters.
I'm kinda liking the idea of NoCal though, but somehow I doubt that's where my parents are gonna end up going.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Come to NoCal so we can be besties. <3

Moving long distances sucks though, especially when you're in high school. What you're probably most interested in (the social culture of each area) I can't really help you with as I've only ever gone to school in NoCal.

Ruto

I think moving to a place with people is a lot more fun than places where you have to drive around for an hour for the nearest decent restaurant :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Many of the more entertaining benefits will become achievable when you're probably going to be or already are off to college anyway, so you could just deal with wherever you end up :P

me irl
[close]

braix

Well, I guess I'm going to Fullerton
Don't take away them hearts pls

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: zoroark1264 on October 02, 2014, 01:30:30 PMWell, I guess I'm going to Fullerton
You are in my domain now.

But not close enough...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: zoroark1264 on October 02, 2014, 01:30:30 PMWell, I guess I'm going to Fullerton

That's like an 8 hour drive for me. You now have negative hearts.

Waddle Bro

currently in physics class learning time dilation and im here only to say that mashi is incredibly smart if he claims to understand this shit

K-NiGhT

isn't it essentially that when an object approaches the speed of light time slows down or speeds up or something
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Mashi

Hahaha, Waddle Bro, hardly!

And K-NiGhT, time dilation is the lengthening of time for oneself as mass approaches infinity and speed approaches that of light.  That is, time slows down for you because massive and fast moving objects bend the curve of space-time (which would otherwise be a plane) in such a way that the time it takes to travel through the space distorts time so that it passes 'slower' for you than others.

So for our purposes, if you imagine that each box is one second, if you traveled near the Earth, it would take you 'longer' to travel, say, 5 boxes than someone else would far away from Earth on a plane.  And because it takes more time to pass through the distortion, time 'slows down' for you with respect to everyone else, since they travel those 5 boxes faster than you.

The equations for relativity at their simplest are easy to understand conceptually (although, that they're actually true defies common sense and is probably what makes truly understanding the theory difficult) and I've had to use the simpler ones (eg. relativity in kinematics) for one of my Physics exams in high school.  Beyond that (i.e. actual actual relativity), I'm utterly clueless though!

braix