News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Ruto

Eh, it's probably a hoax. I can't imagine everyone actually sends or uploads nudes of themselves (bad idea no matter what). Sheesh. It's also likely that the stuff they upload are just photo manipulations...

I'd like to point out that they really seem to like targeting women. I'm sure that guys send pics too >_>

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Yugi

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 24, 2014, 09:52:37 AMAnd they did this too.
Although if people actually believed 4chan and put their phones in the microwave I'd be more inclined to blame them because if someone's actually idiotic enough to do that then they deserve what they get.
Quote from: Ruto on September 24, 2014, 02:37:26 PMEh, it's probably a hoax. I can't imagine everyone actually sends or uploads nudes of themselves (bad idea no matter what). Sheesh. It's also likely that the stuff they upload are just photo manipulations...

I'd like to point out that they really seem to like targeting women. I'm sure that guys send pics too >_>
Actually, it was photos taken, so if they took a picture of themselves nude at any point then it's on the internet waiting to be torrented.

I'm not sure why people would take nude pictures of themselves over looking in a mirror but there you go.

Ruto

Doesn't disabling the annoying "auto upload into an online storage feature" still help with this thing? Like iCloud or whatever it's called. They'd have to actually hack phones to get photos that were just in their phone, right?

Maelstrom

No, I'm pretty sure they get saved on the servers/routers or something they go through to in between the sender and receiver.

SuperFireKirby

Nothing is safe from The Cloud. The Cloud is watching. The Cloud sees all.

Quote from: Ruto on September 24, 2014, 02:37:26 PMI'd like to point out that they really seem to like targeting women. I'm sure that guys send pics too >_>
I'd say whoever's involved is probably part of that "men's rights" movement bullshit, which basically amounts to men blaming women for all of their woes. Generally people involved with it are the saddest, angriest, most misogynistic shitheads you'll find.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 24, 2014, 06:13:06 PMNo, I'm pretty sure they get saved on the servers/routers or something they go through to in between the sender and receiver.

Nope, it's been in news that it was Apple's iCloud that was hacked and all these photos were actually stored there. Routers don't store data as far as I know. Wouldn't you also need to be within range of the router to intercept the signal if that's true too?

Maelstrom

I can't think of the correct word.  :P I mean the thingy that connects your internet with the web through your isp, and that saves it.

KefkaticFanatic

Before anyone starts trying to explain things they don't understand just read this ok

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/apple-icloud-brute-force-attack-march/?tw=dd

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Sounds right.

I bought a Tingle doll today and the cashier laughed at me D; he asked me if I liked Tingle and I said "ehh...not really" and "it was for a friend!" Then he said I didn't need to lie to him D: But I really don't like Tingle and it was supposed to be a gift!

braix

The Inactive Member to Active Member ratio of the NSM forums is amazing
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

blueflower999

Quote from: zoroark1264 on September 27, 2014, 07:06:15 PMThe Inactive Member to Active Member ratio of the NSM forums is amazing
Basically because we give people incentive to make an account (to make requests) but little reason to stay, unless they want to arrange or join the community.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom