News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Me, Ruto, and Kafke are all science majors. drp was in some boring financial business shiz(which is now his career). But besides that, probably.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

I'm not a Music Major, I'm studying Linguistics.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 25, 2014, 02:36:49 PMMe, Ruto, and Kafke are all science majors. drp was in some boring financial business shiz(which is now his career). But besides that, probably.

(electrical) engineering, but close :P

me irl
[close]

braix

the als ice bucket challenge is cleverly stupid
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bubbles

i dont know why everyone is getting so upset about it?

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

I'm a history major.

I also got my wisdom teeth out today. Pain meds make my head feel all funny.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Bubbles on August 25, 2014, 08:19:54 PMi dont know why everyone is getting so upset about it?

People like to draw attention to themselves by being public about how much they dislike popular thing x

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

I just wonder how many people doing it have even donated to it, because it seems to me that the money is more useful in helping the cause than just dousing yourself in cold water.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 25, 2014, 09:07:04 PMI just wonder how many people doing it have even donated to it, because it seems to me that the money is more useful in helping the cause than just dousing yourself in cold water.
Well at the very least, I guess it raises awareness.

SuperFireKirby

Well donations are at $62 million, so quite a few people have donated.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

If everybody who has done the challenge donates ten dollars then that's great. But if you factor in all the celebrities and wealthy people (people who actually said they'd donate in addition to doing the challenge) who donate significant proportions (thousands of dollars, usually) that number becomes more skewed as you are left with thousands of people doing it who probably haven't donated to a single cent and are probably just doing it for the attention.

Though I would love to be so wrong about that, though.

SuperFireKirby

I get what you're saying, but let's say 5,000 celebrities and wealthy folks have done the challenge and that each has donated an average of $20,000, twice the amount Charlie Sheen, highest paid television actor in history, pledged to donate. You're still left with 5.2 million ten dollar donations, which I'm just going to guess is the bulk of the regular folks who have done the challenge thus far.

People can do great things so long as it's for a silly internet fad. Just believe.

Jamaha

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 25, 2014, 02:36:49 PMMe, Ruto, and Kafke are all science majors. drp was in some boring financial business shiz(which is now his career). But besides that, probably.

<- Radio engineering