News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Eh lyrics can add or detract from a song in my opinion. I don't like the majority of modern music, mostly because it focuses only on the lyrics, which aren't normally that good in the first place (The majority of them are about either Love or Partying). Some of the modern music I do like is normally stuff that actually focuses on (as Maestro said) both music and words working together in a way.

Some modern music I like
Okay this one is a little bit of a stretch but the lyrics are really interesting!
[close]

SuperFireKirby

As much as I hate to say it, Eminem used to be pretty damn good(his new stuff is shit though)

I don't think people care much about lyrics as you guys seem to think, or else pop performers(NOT artists) wouldn't be able to get away with half the moronic shit they spew out in their songs. All people care about is a dumb enough chorus they can sing along to, a simple Am, F, C, G chord progression, and an uptempo beat. Those are literally the 3 only keys need to making popular music.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bloop

the dreaded Am, F, C, G
I've used it in a song once
I hated it

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 24, 2014, 12:35:23 AMI don't think people care much about lyrics as you guys seem to think, or else pop performers(NOT artists) wouldn't be able to get away with half the moronic shit they spew out in their songs. All people care about is a dumb enough chorus they can sing along to, a simple Am, F, C, G chord progression, and an uptempo beat. Those are literally the 3 only keys need to making popular music.
Relevant.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bloop

KefkaticFanatic

Also relevant

(these guys performed at my school a few years back, it was pretty slick)

me irl
[close]

Bloop

I've seen that video like twice during music classes

Back when I had music classes.. *sniff*

Maelstrom

So.... This:
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
So Tetsuya Nomura (FF Character Design, KH creator) decided to redisign batman.
Pics link to high res pics.

Echo

^ Pretty cool. He said he came up with it for a cancelled project before even KH was a thing, and it definitely shows that that design influenced KH. If only Terra could have that as a costume...

Maelstrom

And in other news, twitch got the technology to play pokemon X next. If only the internet ignores it......

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Ouch. Oddly enough, I don't have any.  :)

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm fine now that the bleeding has (for the most part) stopped- oddly enough, I haven't had to take any pain medication yet.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bloop

It's 3:45 AM here in the Netherlands and I'm just lying in bed, eating chips and drinking water

This is the good life

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things