News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Quote from: maelstrom. on July 12, 2014, 04:51:26 PMJust watch that infamous Pokemon anime episode and see if it happens again (or just play Guacamelee...)
Let's not do that and visit a physician instead. Better safe than sorry.

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 12, 2014, 01:47:16 PMSo there's a chance I have epilepsy. I was at a concert last night where there where a bunch of bright rainbow colored lights flashing as part of the band's light display and my vision literally went black, I was blind for about 5 minutes and during that time then I lost all ability to balance myself and then lost all muscle control. I only had enough control to shift my direction of falling, so I fell into my friends instead of strangers. According to my friends, my back was arched over and I was staring straight at the ceiling while they were trying to talk to me. It was pretty fucking weird and kind of scary. I'm not sure if it's epilepsy but I'm almost positive it was a seizure(I've never had one before, but I'm assuming that's how they work). And I don't want to tell a physician because I could possibly lose my ability to drive, and I kind of need that. FACK

That sucks. Solution: if you end up having it and being unable to drive, move to NYC, and you'll never have to drive again.

Bubbles

Are you sure it was the lights that triggered it? That happens to me a bunch (but I only actually went unconscious once) where I lose my sight, feeling in my legs, and eventually my sense of balance and position. You can kinda feel your head get colder but once you get lower to the ground the blood rushes back. I think it's usually triggered when I stand for extended periods of time or concentrate hard on something. I hear people talking about getting a little dizzy and possibly having darker vision when they stand up after lying down for a while, but this is way bigger than that

If its any consolation, I did go to a doctor and they said nothing was wrong! yay

SuperFireKirby

I really don't know. I've only had anything similar to it happen once before, when I was at Bonnaroo last month. I was standing it crowd of a different concert, there were lights and stuff but it wasn't like a big light effects show or anything remotely close. Anyways, my vision went black for a couple minutes but that's as far as it went. This time was way more intense. I don't feel like it was the lights that triggered, but I really don't know what else it could have been. I've never had any problems standing for extended periods of time.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Yeah, you should see someone about that ._. What if it does happen if you're in a car?

Quote from: FierceDeity on July 12, 2014, 05:02:24 PMThat sucks. Solution: if you end up having it and being unable to drive, move to NYC, and you'll never have to drive again.

Blehhh now I'm told to get to places where the good jobs are, I need to drive...I can't see why people don't see that living in a way where you're packed like sardines is good for you because you have to walk everywhere.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Zunawe

Quote from: Bubbles on July 12, 2014, 06:51:32 PMAre you sure it was the lights that triggered it? That happens to me a bunch (but I only actually went unconscious once) where I lose my sight, feeling in my legs, and eventually my sense of balance and position. You can kinda feel your head get colder but once you get lower to the ground the blood rushes back. I think it's usually triggered when I stand for extended periods of time or concentrate hard on something. I hear people talking about getting a little dizzy and possibly having darker vision when they stand up after lying down for a while, but this is way bigger than that

If its any consolation, I did go to a doctor and they said nothing was wrong! yay
This is different. Caused by a sudden rush of blood (i.e. after being cut off from sitting with your legs bent). Usually it'll go away after a few seconds. There have been instances where people have died from it, but only in very very extreme cases (like sitting around and playing World of Warcraft for a week straight and standing up). Which is why Navi yells at you to take breaks in OoT 3D. I don't mean to make it sound scary. Just take stretch breaks when sitting down for a long time and try not to stand up abruptly.

SFK, go talk to somebody. Considering they were both concerts, there's very likely some sort of trigger, and it's probably better to not have seizures than to possibly maybe not be able to drive.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

Sounds a lot like a seizure to me.  May not be epilepsy, but it sure seems like it.
unmotivated

Clanker37

How much sugar and water had you had at that point? Sometimes my vision goes black when I have a low sugar (I am not diabetic) or when I'm drastically dehydrated.

Anyway, I think you should just consult a doctor. While NSM is great, last time I checked, we didn't have a medical degree.

braix

Is it basically like having heat stroke and being blind at the same time?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Clanker37

Quote from: zoroark1264 on July 12, 2014, 10:23:27 PMIs it basically like having heat stroke and being blind at the same time?
I think so. It only happens after exertion where I've used up most of the sugar in my bloodstream doing what ever it was I was doing and on hot days. I don't know for sure, though.

Jamaha

Why didn't anyone tell me how good Skyward Sword is.

Anyway, I bought it on release day but for some reason never finished it. Now I've been playing it for the past week and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. A part of me wants it to end, though, as it keeps eating my available free time.

Bubbles

Quote from: Zunawe on July 12, 2014, 09:30:25 PMThis is different. Caused by a sudden rush of blood (i.e. after being cut off from sitting with your legs bent). Usually it'll go away after a few seconds. There have been instances where people have died from it, but only in very very extreme cases (like sitting around and playing World of Warcraft for a week straight and standing up). Which is why Navi yells at you to take breaks in OoT 3D. I don't mean to make it sound scary. Just take stretch breaks when sitting down for a long time and try not to stand up abruptly.
I don't have that problem myself, but its a similar feeling. It's kind of like heat exhaustion except its not caused by heat (probably a lack of nutrition and poor bloodflow honestly)

Anyway, somebody asked me today if I was American...apparently I sound like I have a foreign accent?

mikey

Quote from: Jamaha on July 13, 2014, 08:47:39 AMWhy didn't anyone tell me how good Skyward Sword is.

Anyway, I bought it on release day but for some reason never finished it. Now I've been playing it for the past week and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. A part of me wants it to end, though, as it keeps eating my available free time.
SANDSHIP SO FUN THOUGH
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bubbles on July 12, 2014, 06:51:32 PMAre you sure it was the lights that triggered it? That happens to me a bunch (but I only actually went unconscious once) where I lose my sight, feeling in my legs, and eventually my sense of balance and position. You can kinda feel your head get colder but once you get lower to the ground the blood rushes back. I think it's usually triggered when I stand for extended periods of time or concentrate hard on something. I hear people talking about getting a little dizzy and possibly having darker vision when they stand up after lying down for a while, but this is way bigger than that
What Zunawe said. I get this often when I've been lying down in my draw-me-like-one-of-your-french-girls position and then I just stand up. I've started sometimes shaking so badly that I had intense trouble to stand. I think tall people get it more.

Ruto

Probably. I'm short and I've never had that problem.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.