News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

I'm guessing that Waddle (LOOK, I USED A NICKNAME) referred to it as high school for lack of a proper term to otherwise translate the Finnish word.  He's likely attending a higher level secondary institution that would be equivalent to an American's last few years of high school (11th and 12th Grades) with a bit of college level materials (such as in dual enrollment or APs).

Waddle Bro

Different school systems, guys. I just completed my ninth year, so I was given the option to go to either a vocational school or a Finnish high school.

Translations for Finnish high school:
1.   high school      
2.   upper secondary school      
3.   In Finnish school system      
4.   college      
5.   sixth form      
6.   gymnasium      
7.   grammar school

FierceDeity

OHHH RIGHT. I studied european school educational systems a bit for a paper last semester, but didn't realize what years each level took place (I didn't really require that specific of knowledge haha). I'm really jealous though, our system sucks :/

Waddle Bro

Got my letter just now and I just got in to the high school I wanted (with literally the lowest score out of all the accepted applicants)

8)

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Waddle Bro on June 13, 2014, 02:45:57 AMGot my letter just now and I just got in to the high school I wanted (with literally the lowest score out of all the accepted applicants)

8)
GG
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

braix

My brother is still singing Let it Go and it's June. I'm dying. Please. Deliver me from this torture.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Jompa

Quote from: Waddle Bro on June 13, 2014, 02:45:57 AMGot my letter just now and I just got in to the high school I wanted (with literally the lowest score out of all the accepted applicants)

8)
Congrats Waddle!
Birdo for Smash

Mashi

Bubbles

Congrats Waddle!

In my own area of personal achievements, today I charged someone 3 times the correct amount for a cucumber because I didn't know the difference between a cucumber and a zucchini. Or a peach and nectarine. Or a Spanish and Vidalia Onion.

Mashi

Don't worry, Bubbles!!!  With this experience, I doubt you'll make a mistake like that again anyway.  And don't worry too much about it, I doubt the customer will come back and complain (and it's always possible that he/she doesn't notice), so it's not as if you'll be in any trouble or that any feelings were hurt.  It's fine to be guilty, but understand that it was just a mistake and that's okay!

Ruto

I would work in a place that sells fewer kinds of produce, lol xD But Mashi's right, not that many people come back to complain for something less than a dollar. Especially if they drove there to get it. Just don't do it often enough to get complaints.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Bubbles

I don't feel guilty so much as...embarrassed? I feel like I'm old enough that I should know my fruits and vegetables lmao. And this is the Garden State so I'm not going to have much luck finding somewhere with less produce haha

Either way none of those customers took their receipts so it's not like I'm expecting complaints

SlowPokemon

I am so upset because

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney comes out on August 29
And Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair comes out September 2, ONLY FOUR DAYS LATER

THIS MEANS I HAVE TO POSTPONE PLAYING ONE OF THEM AND I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO PLAY FIRST
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Play them both at the same time. By wich I mean use one hand for PLvPW and the other for DR2. Though I suppose that leads to a new dilemma of which game gets your dominant hand...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.