The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

thank you for the spoiler tag <3 literally just started watching, haha

mikey

unmotivated

Jompa

Quote from: Zunawe on April 18, 2014, 04:45:42 PMWe got a II at state for concert band this year, and I just felt like posting our recordings. (And yes, I know that there are problems. You don't have to be critical for the sake of bashing.)
What instrument do you play?
Birdo for Smash

Winter

Oh god I have had my avatar for too long. It's lost!

"Look who's popular"

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 18, 2014, 05:38:37 PMTry to analyze how the part you're playing works harmonically. Like, what chord a certain melody implies/what notes in it are chord tones vs non-chord tones, what notes in one chord (assuming you're playing piano) lead to what notes in the next chord, etc.
After a few years of doing that, I was cursed. Now I can't even sing a song in church without completely and thoroughly analyzing the song. >_<
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

So I have this concert review due this Thursday, and of course in have waited until the last possible moment to write it. Normally I'd be all over a concert review, but this one has to be written about a poplar music event. FUCK. So here I am sitting in some sketchy bar in downtown Houston because it's open mic night. I'm just hoping I don't die here, so if this becomes my last post, remember me how I was...

PISSED OFF THAT I DIED HERE. ><
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

See, that's why I'm always giving free concerts all the time and write about them afterwards. An audience of one still makes it a concert and popularity is relative.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Gah I didn't know you'd be performing maestro! There goes my A on this assignment...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 21, 2014, 07:44:18 AMAfter a few years of doing that, I was cursed. Now I can't even sing a song in church without completely and thoroughly analyzing the song. >_<

Sebastian

Ruto

I haven't stopped throwing my money away in the art store since they've been mailing all those 40% off coupons :/

Anyway I bought these really awesome chalk-pastel pencil sets and I'm just waiting for some free time to use them. Right now I'm just staring at the unopened box :'( they were roughly $2/pencil so maybe it's just buyer's remorse.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Speaking of art supplies, I really like Faber-Castell's colored pencils; they are of excellent quality and produce vibrant colors... I still have some left, so maybe I should start drawing some... things...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: Ruto on April 22, 2014, 08:04:44 PMI haven't stopped throwing my money away in the art store since they've been mailing all those 40% off coupons :/

Anyway I bought these really awesome chalk-pastel pencil sets and I'm just waiting for some free time to use them. Right now I'm just staring at the unopened box :'( they were roughly $2/pencil so maybe it's just buyer's remorse.
It's the opposite for me. Whenever I buy new supplies I barely ever use them because I'm afraid I'll misuse them and they're usually pretty expensive

Ruto

Ohh we should have an art display here to make sure we actually use the stuff we buy xD I don't really think art stuff is usually meant to sit out and never be used since it does degrade eventually.

I've also realized I never did anything Pokemon related for art.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.