News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Please share such things in PMs from now on, it's policy not to publicly post download links to copyrighted content. (even if near impossible to acquire 'legitimately')

me irl
[close]

Mashi

come on guys even i knew slowpokemon was based on slowpoke and im me

braix

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 17, 2014, 02:20:59 PMPutting this here since it's not relevant in the other topic.

Course not! I'm just saying my name is based on Slowpoke, not all slow Pokémon.

I don't think I've ever told anyone that actually, have you all been assuming that my name is just the phrase "slow Pokémon" all these years? xD
I've actually been misreading your username as "Slowpoke"...I don't know how to read.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

Looks like your the slowpoke around here, amiriteguise?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 17, 2014, 02:20:59 PMI don't think I've ever told anyone that actually, have you all been assuming that my name is just the phrase "slow Pokémon" all these years? xD

Quote from: Mashi on April 17, 2014, 03:26:43 PMcome on guys even i knew slowpokemon was based on slowpoke and im me

No yeah I realized too haha. kind of obvious, really...

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 17, 2014, 11:04:10 AMdid it culminate in a giant mass of running naked people

We went into a bank after that so we didn't see anything past someone running in underwear xD Pedestrians were wearing coats that day so that definitely wasn't normal.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

Oh wait yeah I almost forgot we live in the same city, it was actually cold yesterday, why would they do that to themselves

Zunawe

We got a II at state for concert band this year, and I just felt like posting our recordings. (And yes, I know that there are problems. You don't have to be critical for the sake of bashing.)

Song 1
Song 2 (You might have to turn it up a little bit)
Song 3 (You probably want to turn it down now)
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

braix

I'm teaching myself music theory because I feel that it's entirely neccesary to, but...WHY MUST THERE BE SO MUCH TO LEARN?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Zunawe on April 18, 2014, 04:45:42 PMWe got a II at state for concert band this year, and I just felt like posting our recordings. (And yes, I know that there are problems. You don't have to be critical for the sake of bashing.)

Song 1
Song 2 (You might have to turn it up a little bit)
Song 3 (You probably want to turn it down now)

Huh. Part of me was hoping for more standard repertoire, but Ignition is actually really cool.
Not a bad performance, dude.

Quote from: zoroark1264 on April 18, 2014, 05:23:05 PMI'm teaching myself music theory because I feel that it's entirely neccesary to, but...WHY MUST THERE BE SO MUCH TO LEARN?

Idk what amount of theory knowledge you have, but you might want to check out this site, if you haven't already. It covers a pretty wide range of skill levels, and gives a pretty good template for learning it. Other than that, I can only recommend that you try to consider the theory you're learning when you're playing whatever instruments you play. The majority of the theory I learned in high school came from improvising in jazz, meaning you actually have to consider what you're playing in the context of the chords you're given. Even if you're playing written parts, try to analyze how the part you're playing works harmonically. Like, what chord a certain melody implies/what notes in it are chord tones vs non-chord tones, what notes in one chord (assuming you're playing piano) lead to what notes in the next chord, etc.

Whatever you do, do something, and keep doing it. You'll get better, I promise. Every musician spends the entirety of his or her life learning new things about music.

Zunawe

Thanks! We got kinda tired of playing the expected sort of format I guess. We have five trombonists. I can only hear myself. And it annoys me.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

Woop, finished season one of Game of Thrones. Yes, I'm very behind on the times. But damn son.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

I program things

Nebbles

I've actually been good at avoiding spoilers. If I keep binge-watching anyway, I'll be caught up very soon.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on April 18, 2014, 06:11:14 PMWoop, finished season one of Game of Thrones. Yes, I'm very behind on the times. But damn son.
It only get's so much better from here because even though
Spoiler
Ned's head got chopped off
[close]
the plot thickens SO MUCH. So much character development (even though you get it better in the books)

^wasn't sure if GoT season 1 was off limits