News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman96

Quote from: Dude on January 31, 2014, 07:38:37 AMWouldn't a quick google search solve that? -_-
Well, yes, possibly, but that's not the point.

What I suggested wouldn't be about the deals, it would be about supporting other members of the forum. As you can see, the deals benefit both parties: Kefka's DropBox promotion grants 2 free gb to either member, slow's Amazon deal gives him money for referring someone, as well as the other person gets 6 months free of that service.

The situations are all win-win, and that's the point of the proposition I made. Sure, you could probably find similar deals by looking on google, but if you can get the same thing but at the same time help out your (and I suppose I use this term loosely) friends, I say why not?
Party Hard!
[close]

Dude

But you can see it fine when it's in their signature, can't you? Why would you even need a post about it?

Kman96

Quote from: Dude on January 31, 2014, 08:09:49 AMBut you can see it fine when it's in their signature, can't you? Why would you even need a post about it?
because not everyone knows what deals are on who's signatures, and it could be like a hub, saying that "if you're looking for deals on yadayada, so-and-so has a link that could direct you to a deal that would benefit both of you."

For instance, the only deals I know about are the two I've mentioned in both of my previous posts: Kefka's Dropbox, and Slow's amazon prime. If I were to (hypothetically) want to get an eBay account or something, but if there was an NSM member who had a deal that would benefit both of us, I'd want to use it so that we both benefit. Then I'd go to the thread or whoever, see who had a link to eBay, then use their link to get a special deal or whatnot.

It's just an idea to organize them and make it easier for everyone on the forum to benefit.
Party Hard!
[close]

Dude

whatever, just bring it up with Jamaha and Kefka first before making a thread.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Kman96 on January 31, 2014, 07:06:12 AMWell, kefka, here's a thought. What if someone one the forum was looking for a specific deal on a certain cite so that they could help benefit another member like slow? While a signature is good for the permanent placeholder link, but maybe there could be a separate three to people to post their initial offers and then give their link.

Does that make sense? It would just give the forum members a little more info about the particular special that is being offered on Amazon, or Dropbox like yourself.

Just an idea.

What ends up happening is people start trying to compete over who can get a referral link posted first, so it ends up becoming more like spam.  Perhaps if there was a forum like forum games that we could just say yea just go here for that stuff but it's still an overall iffy topic.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

SlowPokemon

I'm going to just shorten that to Bin from now on ::)

KefkaticFanatic

[10:10:59 AM] JaMaHa: Hmh
[10:12:11 AM] JaMaHa: I guess we could have a policy like that

Our Glorious Leader has spoken.

Sharing deals is fine and all, but keep the actual referral links (and references to them) to signatures.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

laughing pretty hard. Oh Bin. Thanks for working so hard to protect this forum from evil :-*

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

mikey

After living off of homemade food for a while, I've just realized how disgusting school food is.
unmotivated

Dude

http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/134986/are-you-a-sadist-or-a-masochist-how-lethal-pics

"You're a gentle sadist. You refuse to let anyone in and have constant guards up. You don't have very many friends, and refuse to rely on anyone to do anything you can do yourself. By constantly rejecting them, and throwing in witty snide comments, the people around you become offended. Naturally a quiet person, because those around you are just too stupid to understand, you've secluded yourself from everyone. Better them to be hurt than you, right?"

PRETTY MUCH.

SlowPokemon

Dude