The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

But it has such a distinct timbre!!! It's so fucking beautiful, plus it has the highest note velocity of all low brass...Like, Bob McChesney playing Carnival of Venice on trombone is a godly abnormality, but give it to a euphonium player and it's a snap. Out of the three euphoniums in my specifically non-performance major band, two of us can play it, and the other one's kinda new to the instrument, anyways. Try listening to the solos in Bydlo or Mars and telling me that isn't an AMAZING sound for orchestra.

MasterProX

Finally home from my school's winter concert.

We did okay.

Winter

MasterProX

Yes, of course. Someone as stupid awesome as you deserves at least a dedicated concert.

FierceDeity

My band actually calls it a holiday concert, specifically to spite you.

MasterProX

Working on my orchestra arrangement again for the first time since last month.

Anyone know what term to use to indicate "gradually becoming more legato," or something like that? There's this one part that I want to slowly transition from staccato eighth notes to legato eighth notes.

Jompa

I'd put staccato dots om the first set of eight notes, and put "simile" under it, and then put "gradually more legato" right beside it, and perhaps have a stippled line going underneath the measures all the way until you no longer want the effect (to the last eights basically), which is where there will be most legato (which I'd mark with having a legato bow over those specific notes).
If you want the pro-looking Italian, I'd write "grad. piĆ¹ legato", because that pretty much means "gradually more legato".
Birdo for Smash

BlackDragonSlayer

I think I'm one of the few people (or the only one?) with a Christmas avatar that doesn't have a Santa Hat on.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

My marshmallow with a top hat is totally Christmas-related.

DrP

I just realized I have a CRAPTON of stuff.

And you never realize this until you begin to move...

T-6 days until I move.. WOOT! (5 days until I pack) -- and the BEST part, I found enough money to cover it all!

Dude

FSM-Reapr

Dude

The Deku Trombonist

mikey

unmotivated