News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Zunawe on November 27, 2013, 06:23:42 PMThat's not possible unless you use a link for the avatar and somebody changes the file. For example if SFK used the link from somebody else's avatar which was stored on a server and that person uploaded a new avatar with the exact same file name, I could see it happening. Other than that, though, people either changed their avatars or have randomized ones like Jub's pokemon sprites.
when yugi had his other avatar that kept changing.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

woahwoahwoah, I just realized the title doesn't say "2" anymore. Nakah‼
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Kman96

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 29, 2013, 02:26:26 PMwoahwoahwoah, I just realized the title doesn't say "2" anymore. Nakah‼

Holy smokes. I just noticed that too.

This is the last post with the Legendary "2" in it.
Quote from: Ruto on October 28, 2013, 08:52:17 PMHey, bears only work on me!
dem bears tho
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

But... it is 2.  We can't just make this the first one, it is legendary and will RIP in peace

me irl
[close]

Sebastian

I have a question that I need answered right away: On Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, how do I save my progress from any town? I am currently in Goron City and everytime I save, and get back on, I start at my house in Kokiri forest.  :-\

Olimar12345

As I recall, your progress saves, but as a kid, you always start there. (unless you're in a dungeon)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yugi

mikey

Yep.  It's pretty annoying but at least you can just go there from the Lost Woods.
unmotivated

Sebastian

JDMEK5

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 29, 2013, 04:15:10 PMYep.  It's pretty annoying but at least you can just go there from the Lost Woods.
Exactly. In Goron City there's a passageway blocked by rocks and surrounded by bomb flowers. Open that up and that leads to the lost woods. Shortcut back after you come back after saving/quitting. Similar thing with Zora River.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

character rankings 2/135 complete

probably less than that but whatever

Kman96

Just had a "Eureka!" moment.

So I haven't bought or played the new Zelda game, however, like I always do, because I could really care less about spoilers I'm going to find out anyway, I looked up a lot of things in the game. This conclusion is SPOILER FREE. I wasn't going to post it in the Link between Worlds thread, because it doesn't directly relate to the game, but the whole series in general.

The Sea Zoras. Everybody knows 'em, everybody loves 'em (dat Ruto). BUT...notice how those Zoras were introduced after a set of enemies named the same were introduced in the very same game? Why would there be two kinds of the very same species- one good, one evil? The River Zora and the Sea Zora. But what was the difference, other than their natures? None of it really seemed to make sense until I did some spoilering this evening on ZeldaWiki, and found one of the Zora characters named Oren:
Oren
[close]
She seems to be a combination of the two kinds of Zoras, and yet the description of her character suggested that she is a descendent of our beloved Princess Ruto. How can that be? just look at her! She's not a Sea Zora! Look at that face! Those fins are very distinctive of a River Zora. but back to the original question: Why are there two kinds of Zoras anyhow? Lets look at the timeline. The River Zora enemies only appear in most of the early, top-down adventures, such as the original Legend of Zelda, the Oracle Series, and even Link to the Past! Coincidentally, these games are all on the Link is Defeated Timeline. There aren't any sea Zoras in sight (well, there are a few in Oracle of Ages, but that only helps me further prove my point)! So if Link Between Worlds goes to suggest that this Zora is indeed a descendent of Ruto, who IS a Sea Zora, why aren't there any Sea Zora's visible in the timeline? Here's my theory:

Between Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past, something happened- the Sea Zoras reached a limit or a conflict in which caused the species to divide. One group evolved into the enemies we now know as River Zoras, while the other retained their respectability and remained the Sea Zoras. Could it have been related to Ganondorf's continuing reign? Possibly. But lets go back to our friend, Oren. Why is she a River Zora(appearance), AND a Sea Zora(lineage)? Well that's a pretty obvious question. Obviously there was some kind of Romeo-Juliet shit going on, and one thing led to another, and now there's Oren. It doesn't really need to be elaborated on. I"m just not sure why there aren't any "true" Sea Zoras in ALBW if that were the case. The point is that there was a big enough difference between species that it would affect genetics. "Two roads in a yellow wood," eh, Robert Frost?

I hope all that made sense. If not, look below
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

tl;dr The Sea Zoras (like Ruto) had a fall out in the Defeated Timeline, causing them to split into the River Zoras. This fall out also occurs between Twilight Princess and Four Swords Adventures on the Child Timeline.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Party Hard!
[close]