News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: Ricky on June 30, 2013, 09:29:35 AMSo you do that and get enough sleep (the 8 hours+ that is recommended)?

In general, I want a work which is fun which is why I'm studying (electrical engineering) but I still don't want to spend away my life working. I hope there will be a chance to not work full 40 hours a week and also to get more vacation (ofc not paid one, the paid vacation is ofc limited) than normal. Anyways, a bad thing that I've read is that engineers (ofc same can apply to other professions like for example teachers) sometimes "have to" (or are doing it anyways) spend time working at home without getting paid in order to finish projects. Shouldn't the workhours be enough for that? And it's not like work equals school (where you never really are completely free from it).

...seriously? "I want to work somewhere that's not 40 hours a week and will let me go on vacation a lot" dude, jobs like those aren't common.

Do you not understand hard work is to achieve goals? If you're serious about becoming an engineer, there's a lot of effort to pull through for that. I agree on wanting to work somewhere fun - my past job was a shitty one, but it was still a job. It was an experience, still, and that's important. Sitting on your ass complaining about "oh, I don't WANT to work" isn't an attitude that will land you the job of your dreams.

You want job like that? Work towards it. Don't complain about working or you'll never get anywhere.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Complaining about not wanting to work will not land you anywhere (like getting all the time off).

I know engineering firms that will fire you for not performing up to expectations or lack of quality of work.

You NEED to WANT to work, because gets you positive reviews and feedback which will get you promoted. People learn how to manage their time. My manager has a wife and 2 kids and he is able to work everything out between work and family. You have time for hobbies on the weekends.

Maybe find a job where you can incorporate your hobbies into it.
You are getting excellent career advice, and if you don't want to take it or at the very least, consider it, I think you should either live with your parents for the rest of your life or hope to god that the person you marry/date/etc will support your constant vacations.

Life ain't free, bub.

FSM-Reapr

getting married on ⑨.⑨

and yes its a monday

Mashi

FSM-Reapr

Also 1-year anniversary on NSM today weeeeee

Ricky

Alright, you guys have some valid points. Maybe things won't be as bad as I imagine. For now I don't have to worry about how things will look after I finish studying.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Since I joined this forum, I've spent about 3.4% of all my time here.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 01, 2013, 03:25:30 AMgetting married on ⑨.⑨

and yes its a monday
:DD

And my year anniversary is coming up!

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

I missed my 1 year anniversary by over 3 years.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Roz~

I've been lurking on here for over 4 years
guys I'm so old Q_Q
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

*obligatory "I'm so old I joined before the current forums existed" comment that is soon superseded by Dude's statement of how old he is followed by JaMaHa saying hi*

me irl
[close]