News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

SuperFireKirby

How to get a job 101:

So you walk into the business like "What up, I got a a big cock" and then they're all like "WOWZERS THAT'S THE BIGGEST POULTRY I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME". So you say to them "Yo mutha fuckas, where's dat bitch ass manager of yours?!?!" and they're all like, "Woah, come down their homie g shizzle. He's in the back, getting his freak on with a large stack of consumer reports" and you're all like "Word."

So the manager comes out and you slap dat fool across them face with your GIGANTIC resume detailing how qualified you are for the position. And your all like, "Yo mutha fucka, gimme dat job bfore a cap a bitch." and he's all like, "Woah sexer of mothers, calm yo shit." and then he's all like "Sorry, we gave all our HARD WORKING AMERICAN jobs to a bunch of LAZY ASS MEXICANS." Then at this point, you should pull out your gat and point it at that fools face and be all like, "I'M FOR SERIOUS. YOU GIMME DAT JOB OR I'LL KEEL A MUTHA FUCKA." and then he's all like, "OH LOOKY HERE, WE JUST GOT A BRAND SPANKIN' NEW JOB FRESH AND HOT OFF THE OBAMA PRESS."

And then he gives it to someone with more work experience than you. The end.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 29, 2013, 04:45:18 PMHow to get a job 101:

So you walk into the business like "What up, I got a a big cock" and then they're all like "WOWZERS THAT'S THE BIGGEST POULTRY I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME". So you say to them "Yo mutha fuckas, where's dat bitch ass manager of yours?!?!" and they're all like, "Woah, come down their homie g shizzle. He's in the back, getting his freak on with a large stack of consumer reports" and you're all like "Word."

So the manager comes out and you slap dat fool across them face with your GIGANTIC resume detailing how qualified you are for the position. And your all like, "Yo mutha fucka, gimme dat job bfore a cap a bitch." and he's all like, "Woah sexer of mothers, calm yo shit." and then he's all like "Sorry, we gave all our HARD WORKING AMERICAN jobs to a bunch of LAZY ASS MEXICANS." Then at this point, you should pull out your gat and point it at that fools face and be all like, "I'M FOR SERIOUS. YOU GIMME DAT JOB OR I'LL KEEL A MUTHA FUCKA." and then he's all like, "OH LOOKY HERE, WE JUST GOT A BRAND SPANKIN' NEW JOB FRESH AND HOT OFF THE OBAMA PRESS."

I can't breathe

Quote from: Nebbles on June 29, 2013, 04:26:01 PM...work is waste of time?

I... can't even begin to go with how absolutely wrong you are on that. I'm not even bothering to get on my soapbox for that one.

Yeahhh this haha xD I mean of course it's nice to have fun but you need to be responsible too. You need to find the right balance, but generally more work is better in the long run.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Work gives you experience, and experience helps you grow. Like... I want to work in museums one day. Well, I need to work hard in grad school and do internships and stuff for that. I can't sit around and whine and get shit handed to me on a silver platter. Life doesn't work that way.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Nebbles on June 29, 2013, 05:08:09 PMI can't sit around and whine and get shit handed to me on a silver platter. Life doesn't work that way.
This is my new favorite quote.

Also, I wasn't even tempted to laugh at that SFK spiel.  Mainly because of how true it is :/

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 29, 2013, 04:45:18 PMHow to get a job 101:

SFK that is why I love you. <3
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Ricky

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 29, 2013, 03:00:55 PMI work aboot 36 hours a week, am a full time student, spend weekends playing music at open mics, and still have time for people. And I'm fucking terrible with time management. It's not as hard as people think.
So you do that and get enough sleep (the 8 hours+ that is recommended)?

In general, I want a work which is fun which is why I'm studying (electrical engineering) but I still don't want to spend away my life working. I hope there will be a chance to not work full 40 hours a week and also to get more vacation (ofc not paid one, the paid vacation is ofc limited) than normal. Anyways, a bad thing that I've read is that engineers (ofc same can apply to other professions like for example teachers) sometimes "have to" (or are doing it anyways) spend time working at home without getting paid in order to finish projects. Shouldn't the workhours be enough for that? And it's not like work equals school (where you never really are completely free from it).

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Ricky on June 30, 2013, 09:29:35 AMSo you do that and get enough sleep (the 8 hours+ that is recommended)?
Absolutely not.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ricky on June 30, 2013, 09:29:35 AMI hope there will be a chance to not work full 40 hours a week and also to get more vacation (ofc not paid one, the paid vacation is ofc limited) than normal.

......good luck with that lol

spitllama

I mean, I guess you could be self-employed. Just work how many hours brings in sufficient income. But that's honestly the only thing I can think of that gives that kind of freedom.
Might as well start at the bottom like the rest of us, work up, and get that position that doesn't require 40 hrs+ a week.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

College professor :D

Working at home isn't a bad thing or outside normal hours >__> I think everyone would have to deal with something like that if they don't work 40 hours anyway. But if you really like your job, it won't be like work, right?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Word of warning, though, self-employed people don't get great hours at the beginning. For a solid couple years, you could be working 60+ hours a week to get to the good deal.

spitllama

Today I learned that Mashie is a five-iron golf club
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi