News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 02, 2013, 05:43:24 AMIt's basically saying that kids shows today are conditioning children to be obedient and un-creative while seeming on the outside that they are encouraging children to be creative ("make your favorite creative colors"/"green is not a creative color")
You've got that message by watching the video?

blueflower999

I just saw that a couple weeks ago, and I never plan on watching it again.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 02, 2013, 04:56:50 AMYour challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Queen Elizabeth II and Thundercats. The story should use the future as a plot device!
A few examples:
Spoiler
"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Home Movies and Spaceballs. The story should use aliens as a plot device!"
Seems rather easy?

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Gargoyles and Cowboy Bebop. The story should use suicide as a plot device!"
Gargoyles destroying all dimensions, forcing several of the main characters of Cowboy Bebop to commit suicide, which drives the remaining main characters to action.

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Batman and Nancy Drew. The story should use a secret government plot as a plot device!"
This would actually be rather interesting...

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Guitar Hero and Rock Band. The story should use Columbus Day as a plot device!"
Well, ok.

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty. The story should use religion as a plot device!"
No, just no. ._.

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Star Trek and Chronicles of Narnia. The story should use magic as a plot device!"
This, too, would be rather easy... I suppose?
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 02, 2013, 01:46:01 PMA few examples:
Spoiler
"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Home Movies and Spaceballs. The story should use aliens as a plot device!"
Seems rather easy?

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Gargoyles and Cowboy Bebop. The story should use suicide as a plot device!"
Gargoyles destroying all dimensions, forcing several of the main characters of Cowboy Bebop to commit suicide, which drives the remaining main characters to action.

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Batman and Nancy Drew. The story should use a secret government plot as a plot device!"
This would actually be rather interesting...

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Guitar Hero and Rock Band. The story should use Columbus Day as a plot device!"
Well, ok.

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty. The story should use religion as a plot device!"
No, just no. ._.

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Star Trek and Chronicles of Narnia. The story should use magic as a plot device!"
This, too, would be rather easy... I suppose?
[close]

Kids, this is what you call "overdoing it."
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

At my new job today I was told to work with my boss but it turns out I was supposed to work at the deli counter and now people are mad because no job got done there. The lack of organization and communication there is ridiculous. Oh well, at least I'm earning money u_u
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

TheZeldaPianist275

This is really cool.  It's a clip of Jingle Bells played backwards and the lyrics actually make sense. XD Pretty random though. 

Kman96

So I'm sitting at my family's cabin on the lake, and we've only been out here once before, but my sister did some digging, and while I had seen the NES here before, I never looked to find any games, but my sister uncovered an entire drawer of old NES games, including Super Mario Bros. 2 and The Adventure of Link(Gold cartridge and all)! What's too bad is that there is also an instruction booklet and miniature guidebook for The Legend of Zelda, but the cartridge is nowhere to be found...yet. If its not in the house anywhere, I want to ask the original owners if they have it somewhere, because damn what a collecters item would that be, huh?
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

Just out of my own curiosity, would you mind listing the games that you found?

And yes, if you could find the entire set, you could easily make a ton of money. The cart alone sells for about $20, so with the guidebook and instructions...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 02, 2013, 05:35:10 AMI know it's old but I just now saw it--the YT video "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" (or The Creative Song) is one of the most....unusual things I've ever witnessed on the Internet.

Everyone watch if you haven't already, but be warned as it is very unnerving.
Am I the only one who didn't find that scary?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on June 02, 2013, 10:33:11 PMAm I the only one who didn't find that scary?
It's not scary as in "nightmare fuel" scary, but it's scary because of what it shows about our society, exactly what Slow said: "conditioning children to be obedient and un-creative while seeming on the outside that they are encouraging children to be creative."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber