News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

Quote from: spitllama on May 31, 2013, 09:37:24 AMYou arranged once. Now just continue!

With YOUR help, though. I'm not good at recognizing notes...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jamaha on May 31, 2013, 12:11:12 AMI also found yet another place where I don't talk as much as I should.
Lol xD what's that?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jamaha

JDMEK5

Quote from: Nebbles on May 31, 2013, 10:30:05 AMWith YOUR help, though. I'm not good at recognizing notes...
If you're really as bad as you say you are, your first arrangements are gonna look sorta like mine.
Unrealistically hard, messy sounding, even messier looking, garbage overall.
But now I'm getting into the swing of it. I'm working on a Pokémon battle theme for two pianos that's gonna blow people away.

What I recommend:
If you really don't want to start out by ear, don't. Get yourself a midi of the whole song with all the instruments, and work off that.
(I'd give you one of my resourceful DS midis, but they're really messy. Lots of experience is needed to tell which part does what)

However, find yourself a simple song and arrange it by ear. Arranging by ear is a skill you will need. You cannot go without it.
It is invaluable. So start with something really rudimentary and work your way up from there.'

I've been seeing this problem of under-confidence rather often lately...
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Nebbles

One of the songs I want to arrange isn't a video song game, though...

Jompa

Hey Nebbles! Interval training. There's no other way. Get to it!
Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Quote from: Nebbles on May 31, 2013, 11:56:19 AMOne of the songs I want to arrange isn't a video song game, though...

It doesn't matter, the only problem is it won't end up on site. The hardest part of arranging is getting started, once you get the key signature and the first note, it becomes 10x easier (especially if the song doesn't use any accidentals.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

But I don't know how to identify those things... :c

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Quote from: Nebbles on May 31, 2013, 12:47:01 PMBut I don't know how to identify those things... :c

It can be a pain, and Jompa's right, ear training does help. However, I usually figure those things just by messing around on the piano. Just kind of try to figure it out until you go "Oh, this note is x in this song!" From there, you find the note before/after it until you figure out the melody. Just try out different key signatures with that note in it until it makes sense.

If your ear is good enough to hear the tonic, then it makes things a lot easier as you just have to find the relationship that note has with the tonic.

^That's the "noob" way to do it. There's much better ways, but they require a better ear (something both you and I don't have.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on May 30, 2013, 01:33:16 PMPolkabrow? :3 I actually don't know. Where are you getting these actors? I usually go on IMDB but it doesn't have the english actors
Nevermind, another character I hadn't seen yet

Jompa

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on May 30, 2013, 01:33:16 PMPolkabrow? :3 I actually don't know. Where are you getting these actors? I usually go on IMDB but it doesn't have the english actors
MAL is awesome for this kinda stuff:)
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

Quote from: Nebbles on May 31, 2013, 11:56:19 AMOne of the songs I want to arrange isn't a video song game, though...
Do it anyways.

EDIT: I just realized how you put "song" before "game". Lol that cracked me up. XD
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

http://kaction.com/badfanfiction/

oh my god this site is fucking hilarious

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining the National Hockey League and Scooby Doo. The story should use a plot to reanimate Hitler as a plot device!