The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

That apple sauce is wayyyy better than razzberry sauce.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 18, 2013, 01:31:11 AMThat apple sauce is wayyyy better than razzberry sauce.
Awesomesauce > All other sauces

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Ricky

Yes you're right BDS. People too often think that they can't make any difference so why try. For example if you see someone behaving badly, it doesn't have to be something serious, maybe just having shoes on a bus seat it's better to tell them to get the shoes off the seat in a friendly manner. Many people even if they think it's annoying don't bother. A worse case is probably if you try to tell yourself that you are just average, you can't do this or that so why bother trying. For example this could be losing weight or a more classic example you see a nice girl but in fear of rejection miss the chance to even talk to her. Or another example: You think you will never play a specific piece because you don't think you can become so good at the instrument you're playing. Ofc some things are impossible like the lifting a mountain example but in many cases it's a matter of being patient, having motivation, using good methods and practice, practice and even more practice.

Another example which is very revelant nowadays is people doing nothing to change their habits to reduce environmental destruction and global warming. Sure, not everyone can/want to become an engineer or scientist to develop/research things, methods or whatever to reduce the environmental impact. However everyone can do something, for example changing eating habits, buying things produced more environmental friendly, install solar power for the house, recycling and so on and so on. Yes the positive impact may not be large compared with the rest of the World but maybe you will influence family members, neighbours etc. to change their habits also. Ofc I also would want to see more action from politicians and companies but that doesn't mean I ignore how my habits influence the environment.

Also, it's a proven fact that we are all connected and influence each other directly or indirectly in one way or another. The biggest influence is probably on family members, friends and so on.

Dude

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Oh on, I can't agree with that.  In fact, what I do agree with, is quite the opposite of what you are not saying.

SuperFireKirby

Evolution is a law
God is a theory
There's no point in trying the change some people
BDS makes arguments out of the most pointless shit and seriously needs to find a better use of his time

THESE ARE FACTS.(But I'm sure BDS will debate them anyway)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Hahaah holy SHIT BDS did you even understand what I said

I said SOME people can't change, not all people. I was making a point of you can't change some people no matter how hard you try because they're rotten people. Some people can change for the better, yes, but why are you making me out to be some pessimistic "life is horrible" apathetic-ridden person? Do you know me AT ALL???? Stop debating things that aren't supposed to be debated!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ricky

Haha, nothing wrong with having a debate but I guess it can derail sometimes.

Dude

Quote from: Ricky on May 18, 2013, 01:50:05 PMHaha, nothing wrong with having a debate
except when he does this about everything.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on May 18, 2013, 11:25:40 AMI said SOME people can't change, not all people. I was making a point of you can't change some people no matter how hard you try because they're rotten people. Some people can change for the better, yes, but why are you making me out to be some pessimistic "life is horrible" apathetic-ridden person? Do you know me AT ALL???? Stop debating things that aren't supposed to be debated!
Rather Large Image
[close]
I also never said that everybody would change, which is something that you seem to be implying that I'm saying. Also, I wasn't always speaking about anybody in particular throughout the entire post(s); just mostly about that attitude in general (such as when Concerto said that there's absolutely nothing we can do about the problem).

Quote from: Dude on May 18, 2013, 01:54:56 PMexcept when he does this about everything.
Not everything... nearly everything, though! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

why do you think reaction images are necessary for debates please stop
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on May 18, 2013, 04:12:08 PMwhy do you think reaction images are necessary for debates please stop
Because it sums up my reaction rather well without the need for countless more sentences describing what I think and feel.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber