News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: spitllama on April 16, 2013, 11:35:53 AMAt least in the Boston Massacre we knew who was killing us! D:
I REALLY hope this was just a small group of kids or something that thought it would be funny. I'm sick of hearing everyone blame everything automatically on Muslims, and if this isnt them hopefully it will wake them up. It would also be alot safer

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 16, 2013, 01:31:30 PMI personally think everyone might be just a little overreacting. If they were going to bomb multiple places, wouldn't we have seen the results by now? Besides, if this was an enormous and well thought out terrorist plot, I'm surprised they didn't cause a bigger explosion at the marathon.
If I remember correctly, there were 7 bombs in all (maybe more, I havent read up on this since yesterday)? Only two unexpectedly detonated, and the others were either controlled blasts or disarmed.

Nebbles

I think it was a group of students from what my mom was telling me from the news and stuff... but god, if one more person does blame it on Muslims I will beat them. Muslim =/= terrorist kthxbye
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 16, 2013, 03:08:14 PMI REALLY hope this was just a small group of kids or something that thought it would be funny. I'm sick of hearing everyone blame everything automatically on Muslims, and if this isnt them hopefully it will wake them up. It would also be alot safer
No; that would be worse. It would be a complete moral and logical (I mean, explosive devices... that EXPLODE and could cause a lot of damage, and kill people?) degradation of our society, if not even worse. Terrorists, we can stop, but ourselves... our own countrymen... our own youths...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Even if it were our own "youths", it's still terrorism. Terrorism doesn't apply to race. It applies to people who purposely harm and destroy things, such as the Boston Marathon. If it were our own youth, guess what, it's still terrorism.

SuperFireKirby

^This.

Anyone, regardless of sex, race, nationality, religion, or age who commits an act of terror is a terrorist. It's not like there's a special place that all terrorists come from,and right from the womb they're fully grown terrorists, ready to harm our innocent countrymen. Yeah, it's called Somalia. No, a terrorist is anyone who is fucked up enough in the head to hurt and kill in order to inspire fear.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

And stereotyping, generalizing, etc, makes it worse. We're putting people who don't deserve blind hate into a bad light. Also, it's disgustingly racist to assume all terrorists are Muslim.

So don't play the blame game. Focus more on what we could do to help Boston at the moment.

KefkaticFanatic

It's called domestic terrorism, and there have been more than a few very serious cases in the past.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

So these "terrorists" exist in America as well, and as Kefka said, it's serious. Not all attacks in America are foreign. Some of them happen to be our own people.

Sure, we don't want to accept that. But it's reality and there's no getting around it.

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

What is your point? I don't follow your logic.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 16, 2013, 09:51:35 PMWhat is your point? I don't follow your logic.
I don't think that:
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 16, 2013, 03:08:14 PMa small group of kids or something that thought it would be funny
Would be considered terrorists (definition being: "The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political [or any hostile purpose, for that matter] aims").

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 16, 2013, 03:08:14 PMkids that thought it would be funny
Am I the only teenager in the world that doesn't think that detonating bombs at public events is funny?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on April 16, 2013, 10:22:56 PMAm I the only teenager in the world that doesn't think that detonating bombs at public events is funny?
That's also my point: if there's only a handful of us youth who don't find such frivolous (for lack of a "better" word, if one such exists :P) carelessness (this word is an understatement) "fun," I'd hate to see what our future will be like.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jompa

So here, in Norway, there's been like one terrorist attack, ever, and that was just some crazy freak with a "mastermind-plan" he wanted to try out, in order to get rid of every muslim in the country. So he shot and killed almost 60 kids, and then detonated a bomb that in addition to killing people, busted every single window downtown - it is still possible to see the damage!

So that's not good...
Birdo for Smash

Kman96

Quote from: Jompa on April 16, 2013, 10:34:44 PMSo here, in Norway, there's been like one terrorist attack, ever, and that was just some crazy freak with a "mastermind-plan" he wanted to try out, in order to get rid of every muslim in the country. So he shot and killed almost 60 kids, and then detonated a bomb that in addition to killing people, busted every single window downtown - it is still possible to see the damage!

So that's not good...
I was actually in Bryggia that day...my family was taking a vacation over there for a few weeks, and everyone was devastated.
Party Hard!
[close]