News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Not sure if "Made mah day" or jutifies a rant.

EDIT: On a completely different note, I have an idea for a new touchscreen computer. The whole purpose of the computer would revolve around having 3 touchscreen monitors, each the same size- one on the left, one in the middle, and one on the right. This would allow for multitasking; for example, if you were making a painting of somebody, as an example, you could have their picture up on one screen, and the "art screen" on another. This might also be helpful for business aplications.

Instead of having three different tasks taking up part of the same screen, you could click on the task you want to move with your finger (almost like how it's on the taskbar in Windows 7), and drag it to the edge of the current screen, causing it to move to the one that's in that direction.

I'm not sure how this would work, but you'd have to have one mouse that you could transfer between the screens using a command on the keyboard... or you could just have three of them. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Ok... I signed... but my comment hasn't appeared yet. :S Does it need to be moderated??
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on March 20, 2013, 10:11:01 PMAce Attorney. You won't regret it.

This. Ace Attorney is great. Studio Ghibli films are amazing and you should see them all as well. Luigi's Mansion is also fun.

Don't bother with Paper Mario, the Mario & Luigi series is much better. Play that instead.

I watched the first fifteen or so episodes of FMA Brotherhood and found it to be pretty meh, but that show has its fans so you might like it.

Pikmin is something I've been meaning to get into as well.

Basically, no matter what you're obviously going to play PMD first so make sure Pokefever has taken its course before you start the others. My strongest recommendations from that list are the Studio Ghibli films, Ace Attorney games, and the Mario & Luigi series (not listed but I know you'd love them).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

I've actually never played a legit Mario game besides Sunshine and that red one for the Wii at a party (I want to say its just a Super Mario Brothers but I'm probably wrong). Isnt there A LOT of them though?

Quote from: fabbemannen on March 21, 2013, 08:23:47 AMHai again. Bai again.Do like. Finished FMA yesterday myself D: (original one, I plan on watching Brotherhood when I've forgot everything again)
And is FMA Brotherhood like FMA's version of Dragon Ball Z Kai, where its basically the original series but cut down and revoiced? I though it was a sequel series

Roz~

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on March 21, 2013, 01:06:17 PMhttp://www.thepetitionsite.com/975/318/335/help-make-the-secret-of-zelda-a-game-starring-princess-zelda-herself-a-reality/
SIGN THIS.  FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODESS, IF YOU LOVE ZELDA GAMES SIGN THIS NOW!!!!

I'm all for a game where you get to play as Zelda and not as Link, but I dunno if that game would be worth it. But I guess it can't be as worse as the CD-I Games x)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 21, 2013, 02:55:05 PMAnd is FMA Brotherhood like FMA's version of Dragon Ball Z Kai, where its basically the original series but cut down and revoiced? I though it was a sequel series
No, Brotherhood is a completely different show. It actually has more episodes, yet has far less filler(aka NONE).

THe original series didn't really follow the manga's plot at all, whereas Brotherhood follows the manga religiously. As a results, it hasa far better plot and character development. Everything about Brotherhood is better than the original, imo.

Especially the ending, cuz the original's ending was GOD AWFUL. So definitely watch Brotherhood first.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 21, 2013, 02:55:05 PMI've actually never played a legit Mario game besides Sunshine and that red one for the Wii at a party (I want to say its just a Super Mario Brothers but I'm probably wrong). Isnt there A LOT of them though?
And is FMA Brotherhood like FMA's version of Dragon Ball Z Kai, where its basically the original series but cut down and revoiced? I though it was a sequel series

The Mario & Luigi games are a series of RPGs, kind of like the Paper Mario games. There are only three, not a ton:

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

I'd recommend Bowser's Inside Story most, but all three are excellent.

Bubbles

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 21, 2013, 03:10:50 PMNo, Brotherhood is a completely different show. It actually has more episodes, yet has far less filler(aka NONE).

THe original series didn't really follow the manga's plot at all, whereas Brotherhood follows the manga religiously. As a results, it hasa far better plot and character development. Everything about Brotherhood is better than the original, imo.

Especially the ending, cuz the original's ending was GOD AWFUL. So definitely watch Brotherhood first.
Would I understand the characters though? Or does it sort of pick up right where the previous series left off?

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 21, 2013, 03:14:37 PMThe Mario & Luigi games are a series of RPGs, kind of like the Paper Mario games. There are only three, not a ton:

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

I'd recommend Bowser's Inside Story most, but all three are excellent.
I thought you meant every game that had Mario & Luigi in it :P
I was actually going to buy Bowser's Inside Story but I really didnt want to spend $40 on a game that I might only partially like

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 21, 2013, 03:10:50 PMNo, Brotherhood is a completely different show. It actually has more episodes, yet has far less filler(aka NONE).

I'm going to do a marathon as soon as spring break starts.  I kinda left off on the series right as the Promised Day hit.  It's been about 5 weeks now.  :o

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 21, 2013, 03:21:14 PMWould I understand the characters though? Or does it sort of pick up right where the previous series left off?
Brotherhood isn't a continuation of the original, it's a remake. A much, much better remake. The Original Series and Brotherhood are two different tellings of the same story. Until the half-way point at least, then they basically turn into completely different shows that have the same characters.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 21, 2013, 03:21:14 PMWould I understand the characters though? Or does it sort of pick up right where the previous series left off?
I thought you meant every game that had Mario & Luigi in it :P
I was actually going to buy Bowser's Inside Story but I really didnt want to spend $40 on a game that I might only partially like

$40? It's much cheaper than that on amazon. Plus knowing you I don't think you would anything short of love it. Never met anybody who hasn't, nor have I seen a review below 9/10.

Toby

QuoteI thought you meant every game that had Mario & Luigi in it :P

I've got it, it's a good game! I played it all day and all night then got stuck on a bit and haven't played since. It's a bit similiar to pokemon as you can battle in it and the fights are similiar (you can even sorta switch your batteling character), it's worth the buy but get it from amazon or play.com and it'll be cheaper!

Bubbles

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 21, 2013, 03:51:31 PM$40? It's much cheaper than that on amazon. Plus knowing you I don't think you would anything short of love it. Never met anybody who hasn't, nor have I seen a review below 9/10.
http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Luigi-Bowsers-Inside-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001TOQ8WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363904466&sr=8-1&keywords=Bowser%27s+Inside+Story ?

and YOU DONT KNOW ME. NOBODY KNOWS ME

Its not that I dont think it would be a great game, but I have a few of the Kirby games and I only thought of them as time wasters. I know you think that these games are better than the Kirby games though ::)

But like you said earlier, I need to wait until Pokefever wears off, and by then hopefully the price will have dropped more

I forgot to mention that I am the cheapest person you will ever meet. It actually a problem XD