News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acropol

profanity should be allowed because it annoys people that don't like profanity  ::)

Gooch

shut-up acropol, that's what gets these things started

Davey

Quote from: Gamer4250 on August 13, 2008, 05:00:24 PMAlso, DaveyTheRebel is not a mod.  If he was then PMS would be banned, and I would be pleased.

Lol... to be honest, It crossed my mind. But he doesn't do anything on the forums. Just invades IRC and constantly PMS's over everything You and I say.

Quote from: Mike on August 13, 2008, 02:01:41 PM
Quote from: DaveyTheRebel on August 12, 2008, 07:27:36 PMWhen have I ever even Talked to Mike? Dude, just because you also assume I hate you, doesn't mean I hate everyone else. In fact, I don't hate you. I really don't. But posts like that can tick me off.

@Hugo, Relax. I've done like 2 things.

They don't tick or else you wouldn't have done a bunch of spam posts of your own. You just do it because you got the power to do it. Everybody loves suck ups. WRONG!
Also it was my thought of the moment.

Not really... The first time I saw that post, I hit "Report to Moderator", and that was when it happened. Since then I have talked to Dekudude non-stop about it. Yet it still exists. Also, This is nothing personal. Like I said, I do not have any problem with you at all. I actually thought you were one of the more reasonable members. But I am sorta leaning to what Brawler4Ever is doing, Swearing should be limited, if not banned completely.

So yeah, the whole point of this was to help the forums. I honestly know that I said stuff in the past that becoming a moderator now would make me look like a hypocrite. I didn't care, I just knew that these forums were going out of hand.

One of the things that really set me off was a chat with Concerto #20 in D Minor after he left and I was telling him what was going on with the forums. He said that if it kept going in the direction it was he was just going to stay gone. And some of you may want this, but he does more then you think, and I don't think the forums would function as well as they used to without him.

@BlueFlameDude, relax, your warning will go away eventually. There are no more strict moderators on this site. The only one that actually does any censorship is Concerto, and he is gone.

No Offense to JaMaHa, Nintendude73, and Dekudude but you all have not been active or admitted that you don't care about censoring the forums.

Mike

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 13, 2008, 06:03:00 PM
Quote from: The RulesSwearing is allowed on occasion; but abusing it by adding f**k in every post will get you in trouble.

It took Mike about one hundred F-words in a row in one post to finally get a "Warning!" Give a little, and they'll take it all. How many times has Mike not had profanity in his posts?
And this isn't just Mike. Some of the NSM Staff also use profanity(and it "technically" isn't against the rules). If you can tell me why we should have profanity, and it's a good case, then I'll listen. I'll back down. So far, I've got a million reasons why we shouldn't. And I have 0 why we should. Any takers for the reasons for profanity?

Do a little research before talking. In my 200+ posts, there's maybe 10 posts that I swore in them and 75% of them being very recently just because I knew it was pissing you guys off. In normal cases I try to do my best to not put any swearing in my posts.

Why we should have profanity? First it expresses a level of enjoyment or hate (ex: "This song is fucking amazing" or "Jesus fucking Christ my farts stink") that cannot be achieved using "normal" words. Second it's only a word just like every other word. Why would the word duck be more acceptable than fuck, I simply replaced the letter "D" by an "F", they're simply a combination of letters that form a chain of sound the same way every other word does. Third if we start censoring, where will it stop? Maybe you find swears offensive, but what if someone finds any reference possible to his religion offensive, even if the person saying it wasn't even aware that it's something completely against his own religion, then that person would get a warning because he offended someone without even knowing he did? If you want censorship so bad, go to China.

blah54

i'm sure something like this must have happened in history before at least once...

NSM as it stands in my opinion is a sinking boat... all the captains and other officials (a.k.a. admins,mods etc.) are very smartly "abandoning ship", because of the mess that the boat is... while all everyone else (a.k.a.) normal members) else will just stay and sink with the ship in the seconds following the departure of the captains and other officials...

i might consider tracing this whole 'sinking ship' back to when grimace left... but regardless, it's clearly sinking now with G-han is gone, nintendude inactive and concerto pending departure... and i'm not sure it's even necessarily their fault for not wanting to deal with this mess but...

i don't mean to be particularly negative, that's just my thought...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Harvest

I just went through my recent posts and I didn't swear too much, only time I did was when I was angry about Fedex, but that was in extreme anger and I couldn't control myself.

-

KefkaticFanatic

As I see it, NSM is going to end up just like one of those dead sprite comic sites or something you'll find where the last update was 5 years ago.  Wee.

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

Ok, this conversation has its own topic. Go argue there.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

kotorfanboy

My thought of the moment is the rate the game topic in the general gaming thread.

seriously people, go there, rate the games, state your opinions. The current game is Grand Theft Auto IV, and if you dont think it deserves all of the praise it is getting, go and say it in the topic.

B-Kpianist

zahndy

*plays mozart's turkish marsh (only right handed) * ...i like this song
please delete this account

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

iDOWN

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!