The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Well, off the top of my head I've got some Beatles stuff.

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
She's Leaving Home
A Taste of Honey
Baby's in Black

If you need some more varied options, eh.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Nah, Beatles should work just fine. :D Thanks!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

Hmmmm I don't think any of Flo's songs are in 3/4 and I'm not familiar enough with rap/hiphop to know any off hand. But you should totally do Dramamine by Modest Mouse if ya can't find a rap/hiphop song. Dramamine is a freaking fantastic song.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Mmm I think I'll just go with a beatles song though? Always a good choice.

I don't know how modern he wants the song. So yeah.

SuperFireKirby

Oho, I got ninja'd. Silly Maestro and your silly Beatles.

The Beatles are a silly band. But I do love I Want You So Bad(She's So Heavy), and it's also in 3/4 if I'm not mistaken.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

The middle section is, the main parts are in four.

Nebbles

I wonder if he'll ask for songs in 2/2 or 6/8 as well since we're on rhythm. If so, Cosmic Love is in 2/2... and I know another song for 6/8 that I could use. Hurrah.

Dumb 3/4, most of you being waltzy, joyous classical music...

SuperFireKirby

You should use totally use Schism by Tool. Reason? There's 42 different time signature changes in the song. You could just be all like, "I'm sure the time signature is in there somewhere."

Nebbles

Yugi

I've been thinking of making a game.

It would probably be a RPG which is serious, although spoofs some RPG tropes sometimes (e.g, if the player says no to advancing the plot, several different things happen, like deleting your save file, killing the player, teleporting you to the final boss, throwing the player backwards).

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on January 31, 2013, 10:38:53 PMI've been thinking of making an game.

It would probably be a RPG which is serious, although spoofs some RPG tropes sometimes (e.g, if the player says no to advancing the plot, several different things happen, like deleting your save file, killing the player, teleporting you to the final boss, throwing the player backwards).
I've done that a lot. :(
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Yugi on January 31, 2013, 10:38:53 PMI've been thinking of scoring an game.
I should probably start working on that.

BlackDragonSlayer

Aah... that awesome feeling in Metroid when you leave Norfair (coming back alive from the almost literal "depths of hell"), all powered up with Screw Attack, Wave Beam, etc. and begin mowing down everything in your path in Brinstar... :D

...and then you get to Tourian... aside from the fact that you have to switch back to the Ice Beam (which is still a mighty fine weapon... :P), the Metroids don't cause much trouble, actually, if you're prepared for them (Rinkas, though)... but Mother Brain... I've had too many "I almost did it" moments...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26