News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on January 30, 2013, 10:20:01 PMAnd music is really just a bunch of sounds in different timbres; it's the human being that gives it meaning.  Hence why Oriental music is so different to rap, Indian music is so different to pop; much of it is cultural.  No one grows up (as far as I'm aware) knowing what happy music sounds like, or what menacing music sounds like, or what any type of music sounds like!
I would argue this to be false. Look at Indian/Chinese/American pop/Classical/ect. You recognize sadness or happiness or rage in all of, despite all 4 being cultured in completely different parts of the world. Joyful Indian music sounds just as joyful as any other kind of music from any other culture.

I think music is like a smile. It's completely universal.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Who here plays ruzzle? My username is jordanknapp if you'd like to play me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Hey guys, I'm in need of a little help. For extra credit in my music theory class, we need to find a song in 3/4 and send it to my professor, but it can't be jazz or classical, and video game music is out (I asked him).

So, uh, suggestions? He said either pop or hip-hop would get the points. And even if I don't really need 'em, hey, free extra credit! that's easy!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Nebbles

It could work, yes.

He said hip-hop would be two extra credit points too.

FSM-Reapr

No jazz? Damn, I would have had like a million songs. :(

Nebbles

Jazz and classical/video game music would be too easy. :c

FSM-Reapr

I have some Finnish songs, but I can't think of anything in English. :(

BlackDragonSlayer

Yaay; Gold on Club Nintendo... 300 Coins until Platinum... we can do it!!! :D
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

Quote from: Nebbles on January 31, 2013, 03:55:25 PMHe said hip-hop would be two extra credit points too.
I don't listen to hip-hop/rap/pop so I can't really help you there....
(Like you'd ever find any rap in 3/4 anyways...)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

There's a lot of Non-Jazz/Classical songs in 3/4.

Still looking for something to send?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

SlowPokemon

3/4 is the best time signature. If you hadn't said no game music I'd have recommended anything from Layton :P Probably "Misthallery's Many Canals" or "Monte d'Or: City of Miracles."

Also wish me luck on my presentation tomorrow, guys....gotta take the whole class period to learn my classmates on Great Expectations. I don't think it will be too hard, as I really loved the novel and have a decent enough understanding on it. Still, it's hard not to be at least a bit nervous about these types of things. XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I wish I could have used game music, but in all fairness that could count as classical/jazz to my professor. I would have either used a Layton or SMG song...