News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

The French Horn is such a beautiful sounding instrument.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zunawe

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 30, 2013, 06:58:34 PMThe French Horn is such a beautiful sounding instrument.
Probably my favorite to listen to. Horns used well in powerful parts of music give me chills.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 30, 2013, 06:50:26 PMWe must Spheal with it. Until now.

Trombone:

If I had to learn to play a brass instrument, I'd probably want to play the trumpet:

It bothers me so much more than it should that the Trombone is resting on the slide and the trumpet doesn't have a mouthpiece.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

I miss Mashi.... </3

Also I love the French Horn
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

ilu2 SlowPokemon
Don't worry, I miss me too!!!
But tutoring friends (and then being paid to tutor middle schoolers!!!) takes up much time. :(

Winter

I just critiqued my first sheet in over 3 months?

Great feeling.

Yugi

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 30, 2013, 05:15:48 PMYou're on a sheet music forum and you don't like music? wat.

HE SHOULD DIE.

Don't worry boy I'm joking.

SuperFireKirby

How the hell didn't you even end up on here, then?

Also, how the hell can someone not like music. I find the concept hard to comprehend.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Clanker37

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 30, 2013, 09:07:25 PMAlso, how the hell can someone not like music. I find the concept hard to comprehend.
Perhaps he just hasn't found the kind of music he likes, yet. I remember I hated music until I listened properly to games.

Also deaf people.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

MaestroUGC

Mashi

I think Beethoven would be an exception, but I wouldn't be surprised if studies show that deaf people appreciate music when they're capable of hearing too.

And music is really just a bunch of sounds in different timbres; it's the human being that gives it meaning.  Hence why Oriental music is so different to rap, Indian music is so different to pop; much of it is cultural.  No one grows up (as far as I'm aware) knowing what happy music sounds like, or what menacing music sounds like, or what any type of music sounds like!  If someone were raised as a baby to hearing Hare Hare Yukai instead of the Jaws Theme in the movie, he/she would associate Hare Hare Yukai with menacing, despite how jovial and blithe the song is.  So if someone were raised to not associate music with anything (ergo, giving it no meaning), it would seem natural to show some sort of indifference to it.  Once meaning can be found in it, I'm sure listening to music would be an enjoyable experience.

MaestroUGC

What Mashi said, well done.

Also, Mozart wasn't real. Tchaikovsky really was straight. Chopin wasn't Polish. Gershwin never went to Paris or Cuba. Liszt couldn't play the piano. And Bernstein didn't write West Side Story.

My authority on Classical Music remains unchallenged.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.