News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Yeah, and you only need a certain amount of puzzles to complete the main story. Going for 100 percent isn't necessary... but fun.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Yeah, I was always happy at the pacing of the puzzles throughout the games. A Layton game is easier if you've played a previous one before, but the pacing is suitable for a new player.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Definitely, and the more you play the more your mind gets more adjusted to the puzzles and gets around the trick questions easier.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

I cried at all of them except the first one so far. Maybe one or two tears for its cuteness. Unwound Future made me cry little bursts throughout the story, since omg I cant even say

They do get easier, but that doesnt mean they're not challenging anymore. Its worth every penny

And I'm going to get my mom to play these games XD I tried to get her to play a special mission on PMD2 but she got really frustrated and quit

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

BlackDragonSlayer has slain a biology test of 45 questions in the duration of 20 minutes, from approximately 9:20 AM PST to 9:40 AM PST and arrived home in time to hear the clock chime ten times.

ScienceTestSlayer

But seriously, that test exemplifies part of what's wrong with education; about half of the questions were about proteins and protein synthesis, something we BARELY studied this semester. There wasn't a single question about cellular respiration and photosynthesis, and there were only a few (maybe one or two) questions about organelles of the cell, another rather major point we studied. I was expecting a whole slew of questions about mitosis and meiosis, yet the only time they were even mentioned was during the questions about Gregor Mendel's experiments (the few of them there were)!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Toby

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

no it was a lie

Yes, DrP would be proud of me.

Bubbles

Jeez BDS do you live in NJ XD I ask everyone this It sounds like you go to the high school next to mine

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 16, 2013, 11:43:23 AMJeez BDS do you live in NJ XD I ask everyone this It sounds like you go to the high school next to mine
California.

But, no, I'm homeschooled, and I only go to the charter-school-building (which looks a bit like a military command base without the playground and sign on the corner facing the street...) for "special occasions."

My point is, relevant information should be relevant in both the yearly studies and the tests, and less relevant information should still be present, but... not... so... expanded... (proteins are relevant, but we haven't studied THAT much about them)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Wait so how did you take a test and complain about not learning it if you're homeschooled? Yell at your mom or something XD

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 16, 2013, 11:57:05 AMWait so how did you take a test and complain about not learning it if you're homeschooled? Yell at your mom or something XD
I'm using the school's curriculum for Biology (I follow a "learning plan" based on their online website); I was given a study guide to print out, which had a list of "relevant" topics, many of which did not even appear on the test (although I had written out notes for them). I wonder if they WANT their students to fail...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude