News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

There are no children? In the English version it's entirely instrumental, and the Japanese version only has a female voice singing (it sounds lovely).

The prequel trilogy is more about Emmy than Luke, in my opinion.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Layton games are classic for their bizarre endings as Slow said, but hey, it adds to their charm!

And Eternal Diva takes place after Last Specter.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 15, 2013, 06:26:35 PMYes

You said you liked puzzles and a good plot, right?

Try Professor Layton. If you're okay with the story being wrapped up a little bizarrely, you'll enjoy the series very much.

I like story based games. And I like humor. And I like well thought out characters. All of which the series appears to have from what I've been hearing from you guys' discussions. I was never good at puzzle games (like I learned from Lolo 2 and Portal 2), so you guys'll have to help me.

I'll probably use a Gamestop gift card I got for Christmas on it. Will 25 bucks be enough, or do they usually cost more?

Oh, and one more thing; Please don't spoil the plots for me! Thanks XD

GEEZ 3X NINJA
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

25 bucks should be enough to snag a used copy...?

Bubbles

You could probably get the Curious Village and the Diabolical Box for a little over 25 both used. It took me a while to find DB again so idk. I dont think theres really any difference for the used ones, except you cant completely delete the file (right?) so you just resave over the old one

And yes, I find myself laughing alot at it. Actually my tumblr is almost all Layton with no spoilers..... ::)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 15, 2013, 06:29:10 PMThere are no children? In the English version it's entirely instrumental, and the Japanese version only has a female voice singing (it sounds lovely).

The prequel trilogy is more about Emmy than Luke, in my opinion.
I swear I heard children somewhere. Near the clapping I think? Idk the whole game seemed childish to me, but in a good way

blueflower999

Good. Didn't know if they were like Pokemon when they cost like 30 freaking bucks even long after the generation of consoles is gone.

I realize Layton hasn't been around that long though. But still. It seems to be pretty popular.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

I feel like its widely unappreciated :( I've only heard of it since October

blueflower999

I *heard* about it before I joined NSM, but that was just the name. I wasn't really sure what it was until you guys started talking about it so much.

Heck, I'm still not 100% sure what I'm in store for.

Here's the question that I need answered though:
PMD2, Unwound Future, or Mother 3? Which is saddest?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 15, 2013, 06:34:13 PMGood. Didn't know if they were like Pokemon when they cost like 30 freaking bucks even long after the generation of consoles is gone.

I realize Layton hasn't been around that long though. But still. It seems to be pretty popular.

Kind of like Mother, it's got a huge cult following, but it's obviously more widely known due to its actual localization (curse you nintendo for not giving us Mother 3).

You'll most likely have to get the first game and possibly the second as well used.

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 15, 2013, 06:36:48 PMI *heard* about it before I joined NSM, but that was just the name. I wasn't really sure what it was until you guys started talking about it so much.

Heck, I'm still not 100% sure what I'm in store for.

Here's the question that I need answered though:
PMD2, Unwound Future, or Mother 3? Which is saddest?

Unwound Future, though I've never played Mother 3. PMD 2 made me cry. Unwound Future made me sob like a baby.

Bubbles

Uhm...DONT ASK THAT XD

I only cried once in PMD 2 and three or 4 times in Unwound Future, but I dont want to rate them. I've never played Mother 3

Nebbles

mother 3. I cried at unwound future, but mother 3 made me sob.

blueflower999

Is Unwound Future sad for like the entire game, or only the end?

/please just answer one or other don't spoil
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Mostly the end, there are a few sad parts throughout though. Again though, I have never played Mother 3.

Interestingly, though, I cried at Diabolical Box and Miracle Mask too (and was close in Last Specter).

Nebbles

The ending is just one fell swoop of sadness.

Shadoninja

Quote from: blueflower999 on January 15, 2013, 06:29:49 PMI was never good at puzzle games (like I learned from Lolo 2 and Portal 2), so you guys'll have to help me.
I think the puzzles progress at a reasonable difficulty and there are enough hint coins that you can skip puzzle types that you aren't good with.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman