News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: Nebbles on December 09, 2012, 12:32:52 PMHow about we all stop flaming religions left and right?

That didn't seem to work well in history at any point in time if you've noticed.
She's right guys, lets all just be friends here.  Besides, this reminds me I have to write a paper on the Gunpowder plot, woo.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Waddle Bro

4-day vacation over in 9 hours.

Also a math test tomorrow and I haven't been on math classes since last week on Monday. :/ So about two weeks.
Also I haven't read to that test at all.

woop woop

Yugi

Quote from: Nebbles on December 09, 2012, 12:32:52 PMHow about we all stop flaming religions left and right?

That didn't seem to work well in history at any point in time if you've noticed.
THANK YOU FOR EXERCISING MY POINT.

SlowPokemon

I watched Ponyo today, I always forget how much I love that movie until I watch it again. It's very much a kid's movie, but the animation is probably the best of any Miyazaki film--there's just so much going on all the time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

^I love the feel and the environment of that movie. It's so cute and juvenile, yet so touching at the same time.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

Damn I missed it. :(

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on December 09, 2012, 03:21:15 PM^I love the feel and the environment of that movie. It's so cute and juvenile, yet so touching at the same time.

It really is, I love the prologue sequence at the very beginning, with all the jellyfish and other sea creatures. It's really gorgeous animation, everyone should make movies that look that good.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 09, 2012, 11:59:31 AM
Some people will just never understand.
Considering I used to be a hardcore Christian follower and unlike most Christians, have actually read the majority of the Bible, I'd say I do understand.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 09, 2012, 03:11:33 PMI watched Ponyo today, I always forget how much I love that movie until I watch it again. It's very much a kid's movie, but the animation is probably the best of any Miyazaki film--there's just so much going on all the time.
Dat ending credits song, man. Almost made me punch a toddler. The movie itself is fantastic though.

Oh, and one more thing:
Quote from: the_last_sheikah on December 09, 2012, 12:36:16 PMBesides, this reminds me I have to write a paper on the Gunpowder plot, woo.
Remember, remember the 5th of November.
Gunpowder, treason, and plot.
I see no reason why the gunpowder treason,
Should ever, be, forgot.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Noooo....why is it I always miss the most entertaining arguments.  :(  I never get to make fun of religion...

the_last_sheikah

Concerto! You're not dead!  You should really stop by here more often.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Ruto

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on December 09, 2012, 05:56:34 PMNoooo....why is it I always miss the most entertaining arguments.  :(  I never get to make fun of religion...

It's like a record! You've missed every single one to date xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 09, 2012, 05:46:00 PMDat ending credits song, man. Almost made me punch a toddler. The movie itself is fantastic though.

Actually, the first ending song is the main theme by Joe Hisaishi, so it's not too bad but the remix is unbearable. The score for that movie is one of the best ever though, it's up soon on my "re-review" list.

Mashi

QuoteBEST religion ever: (I hope I'm not offending anyone)
Haruhiism
According to urban dictionary:
"The belief that somewhere out there, in a 'normal' high school, God exists as a normal high schooler."

Fixed.
Quantum Field Theory.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 09, 2012, 07:42:20 PMActually, the first ending song is the main theme by Joe Hisaishi, so it's not too bad but the remix is unbearable. The score for that movie is one of the best ever though, it's up soon on my "re-review" list.
Yeah, I meant the remix. Though the first one isn't that great either

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Look up the piece "Finale" from that movie, Hisaishi performs it beautifully on the piano.