News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 08, 2012, 11:59:46 PMActually now that a much smarter person mentioned it, I'm wondering kinda that too. Example of a "weird" religion please? I'll go first:

Christianity: All-powerful guy named God has a son, who is actually him but not really but actually is. And then the son dies to save every other person, and it's kinda his dad's fault, but his dad s actually him but kinda not really yes. The son comes back to life and flies into heaven to meet his dad/himself. Also, this son was white, despite his heritage and geographical location indicating the complete opposite. Also, a fat man in red suit comes and delivers gifts around the world to the son's followers near the winter solstice, which is supposed to be the son's birthday but really isn't. Also, there's a sentient bunny. With eggs. Also, God loves you, but if you're bad he's gonna burn you with fire for all eternity. Because loves hurts. And God loves you ALOT.[/roughest summary of Christianity evur]
Just... stop.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: spitllama on December 09, 2012, 12:23:22 AMThe Easter Bunny came before Christianity. It was part of a pagan festival to celebrate spring. Santa has nothing to do with Christianity beyond Saint Nicholas' reputation for being giving. To religious folk now, they've simply become atheist-attempts at enjoying religious holidays.

I really wouldn't describe Christianity with those figures.. even by the most vague descriptions.
Yepyep. It's actually a Celtic figure that had something to do with the Spring Equinox(not exactly sure what tho).  Nut just because they came from somewhere else doesn't make them any less prominent in Christianity today.

Take the idea of a ultimate Good vs. an ultimate Evil(God vs. Satan) or heaven and hell. Those are not a Jewish or Christian ideas, though they're insanely important to the religions. They came straight out of Zoroastrianism, about the time the Persian Empire(which worshiped Zoroastrianism) bitch slapped Babylon and sent the Jews back to Israel(who had been exiled to Babylon for some years).

Just cuz it's not of Christian origin don't mean it's not part of Christianity now. HISTORY LESSON COMPLETE!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

So according to the Bible:
Adam and Eva were created by God, and they were the first people ever, and all of that stuff..blah..blah..
Then they had two sons. The oldest son killed the younger son, and then he was exiled to the neighbor town...
Wait?, did we miss something?
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

According to the bajillion times my theology teacher has said it, everything in the bible before Abraham is symbolic and didnt really happen to an extent. So idk what the symbol is there, but yeah :P

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 08, 2012, 11:59:46 PMChristianity: All-powerful guy named God has a son, who is actually him but not really but actually is. And then the son dies to save every other person, and it's kinda his dad's fault, but his dad s actually him but kinda not really yes. The son comes back to life and flies into heaven to meet his dad/himself. Also, this son was white, despite his heritage and geographical location indicating the complete opposite. Also, a fat man in red suit comes and delivers gifts around the world to the son's followers near the winter solstice, which is supposed to be the son's birthday but really isn't. Also, there's a sentient bunny. With eggs. Also, God loves you, but if you're bad he's gonna burn you with fire for all eternity. Because loves hurts. And God loves you ALOT.[/roughest summary of Christianity evur]

Quote from: Jompa on December 09, 2012, 09:56:16 AMSo according to the Bible:
Adam and Eva were created by God, and they were the first people ever, and all of that stuff..blah..blah..
Then they had two sons. The oldest son killed the younger son, and then he was exiled to the neighbor town...
Wait?, did we miss something?

OMG, funniest things I've read all day.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Ruto

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 09, 2012, 09:59:16 AMAccording to the bajillion times my theology teacher has said it, everything in the bible before Abraham is symbolic and didnt really happen to an extent. So idk what the symbol is there, but yeah :P

There are people who believe it's true though. I don't know how that can happen but we know the Earth isn't 6,000-10,000 years old either*.

By now I've taken a year of philosophy at a Catholic college and western humanities and despite the Christians being hardcore Christians none of them believe the age of the Earth or that idea that the entire human race can come from two people, and they don't deny evolution either.

*=the oddballs you speak of

Lol and I didn't get into the more odd bits of Christianity about marriage, morality, punishment and obsession with virgins. There's probably a ton of youtube videos about that.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 08, 2012, 11:59:46 PMActually now that a much smarter person mentioned it, I'm wondering kinda that too. Example of a "weird" religion please? I'll go first:

Hahaha XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

BlackDragonSlayer

Christianity: All-powerful guy named God has a son, who is actually him but not really but actually is. And then the son dies to save every other person, and it's kinda his dad's fault, but his dad s actually him but kinda not really yes. The son comes back to life and flies into heaven to meet his dad/himself. Also, this son was white, despite his heritage and geographical location indicating the complete opposite. Also, a fat man in red suit comes and delivers gifts around the world to the son's followers near the winter solstice, which is supposed to be the son's birthday but really isn't. Also, there's a sentient bunny. With eggs. Also, God loves you, but if you're bad he's gonna burn you with fire for all eternity. Because loves hurts. And God loves you ALOT.[/roughest summary of Christianity evur]

Some people will just never understand.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jompa

Stupidest religion ever: (I hope I'm not offending anyone)
Haruhiism
According to urban dictionary:
"The belief that somewhere out there, in a 'normal' high school, God exists as a normal high schooler."
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

WRONG

FSM is a much more stupid religion. Seriously.

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: Jompa on December 09, 2012, 12:17:54 PMStupidest religion ever: (I hope I'm not offending anyone)
Haruhiism
"The belief that somewhere out there, in a 'normal' high school, God exists as a normal high schooler."
THIS
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on December 09, 2012, 12:17:54 PMBEST religion ever: (I hope I'm not offending anyone)
Haruhiism

Fixed.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 09, 2012, 12:22:05 PMWRONG

FSM is a much more stupid religion. Seriously.
Nah - It's not so weird. What's wrong with believing that heaven is a giant beer volcano, and all the inhabitants are strippers; and that hell is exactly the same, just that the beer is flat, and the strippers have STDs? :) Scientology is worse.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 09, 2012, 12:24:48 PMFixed.
Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant ;)
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Jompa on December 09, 2012, 12:17:54 PMStupidest religion ever: (I hope I'm not offending anyone)
Haruhiism
this is actually just weeaboos and an anime sry to buzzkill ur religion flaming

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

So what you're saying is that a flying spaghetti monster that created the entire universe makes more sense than God living inside a normal teen who isn't aware of it?

Who said that? Show yourself!

Nebbles

How about we all stop flaming religions left and right?

That didn't seem to work well in history at any point in time if you've noticed.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel