News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Zunawe on November 19, 2012, 04:00:31 PMI was never actually expecting to get much done for that. It didn't go as far as I'd hoped, but at least it was fun at the time, which was what I was going for.

What kind of game?
2D platformer/puzzle game(aka, every indie game on Steam) that uses gravity and music as the two main components for solving levels.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

A music platformer?!?!?! Do want!

We should all get discounts. If it's going to be paid, that is.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Now that we're on the subject of game ideas, I have two:
1: Troglodyte (Survival/Combat/Horror game)
You play as an explorer who's trapped in a DEEP, DEEP cave. There are good troglodytes in the various tunnels of the cave (they eyes and lights on their head), who give you what meager food, water, and other supplies they have. The main enemies are the evil troglodytes (who lack eyes, although some try to fool you with fake eyes and lights), as well as other cave bugs and creatures.
Essentially, you have to keep your health and nournishment meters from reaching the very bottom, and see how long you can survive for.

2: Some Space/Shooter/Puzzle game
You play as a "rookie" space soldier (marine, scout, captain; whatever term you want to use) in a squad of seven other soldiers on a space base somewhere out on an asteroid/moon.
In addition to an alien invasion, you find that one of your squad members is killing off the others; your goal is to go throughout the base, fighting off aliens and trying to gather data to find out who's the murderer. You win if you kill the murderer and escape with whoever's left (a minimum of one person dies either way :P). You lose, however, if all your other squad members die, at which point you're trapped inside the main complex, assaulted by waves of reptilian monsters...
If it really possesses you to do so, YOU can become the murderer... but that just ends in a loss no matter what. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

KefkaticFanatic

For a second I thought you were serious and got really scared cause I don't know if they could do the fantastic art style of that game justice with shoddy 3D

me irl
[close]

Yugi

Lol'd.

And it just popped up in my mind, FFVI with X's engine and battle system.

Jompa

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 19, 2012, 03:31:14 PMFinally found something semi productive to do with my spare time. Some friends are working on a vidja game and I'm going to be writing pretty much all the music for it. And unlike 99% of nerds who are like "OMG LET'S MAKE A VIDEO GAME" and never get anything done(see: NSM RPG), this actually seems promising because people actually know how stuff works. The physics/gravity engine is almost done being written and debugged.

For the first time, my friends and I might actually accomplish something.
This might not make much sense to you, but - Thank you so much!!! I'm rewatching NHK because of your post - you reminded me about that show, so now I'm rewatching it :3 Thanks, this will be an entertaining week for me:P
Also, congrats on actually making a game - hope it'll turn out better than for Sato (main character in NHK).. :)
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

What is NHK? I immediately thought Legend of Korra when I saw the name Sato, but I'm guessing that's not it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 20, 2012, 01:06:24 PMWhat is NHK? I immediately thought Legend of Korra when I saw the name Sato, but I'm guessing that's not it.
"Welcome to the N.H.K." is originally a novel - but has been adapted into manga and anime - it's one of those kinda series that there wont ever be made anything similar to ever.. The reason you reminded me of it, is because the main character, who is a NEET(he shuts himself inside, and thinks everything is a conspiracy thought up by an evil organization, called NHK, which in actuality is just a TV network), tries to impress a missionary girl with his own gal-game, because he don't want to admit he's a NEET. So he and his neighbour starts production on their own game, lined under the easiest genre of game to create, which does not require any skill whatsoever: a hentai game. Tho the plot kinda forgets about that part of the story for a while, so it's about much more than just a parody of game creation. Like suicide parties, RPG-addiction, pyramid schemes, mom visits, and all sorts of dark dark dark comedy... it's really dark - especially the suicide party arc - you know it's dark comedy when you laugh of whether or not he should take his shoes of before he dies..
--------
NHK is one of my golden top 10 - and I have watched a shit load of anime, so that's a pretty high ranking!:O
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 20, 2012, 01:06:24 PMWhat is NHK? I immediately thought Legend of Korra when I saw the name Sato, but I'm guessing that's not it.

Whenever I see Sato I think of Hitomi Sato. She writes amazing music for Pokemon games.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 20, 2012, 01:37:22 PMWhenever I see Sato I think of Hitomi Sato. She writes amazing music for Pokemon games.
This. So so much.

KefkaticFanatic

Sato is a pretty freakin common Japanese family name though :x

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

EFitTrainr

I like food.