News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Jompa on November 08, 2012, 10:35:38 PMIs it true that you americans get to skip school if there's snow outside?:p
If it snowed where I lived, there would be good reason to skip school.

:P

The only place it snows 'round here is up in the mountains!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Kman96

Quote from: Jompa on November 08, 2012, 10:35:38 PMIs it true that you americans get to skip school if there's snow outside?:p

yeah...no. If we hit like -60˚ F, then yeah, no school, but that's just us, they don't close businesses, really.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

I used to live in michigan, and there was rarely if ever a school cancelling because of snow. But here in Georgia, it snows one flake and everyone freaks out and becomes the world's worst driver, so we cancel school. It's really funny.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

I think the schools over here close if the school building itself, or significants parts of the road leading to it, is destroyed. Happens from time to time, especially along the coast.

Buried in snow, on the other hand? Nah, then you ski to school and enter through a window or something.

I've found out on a few occasions that huge amounts of ice is no excuse. Good thing it delays the teachers from time to time too.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Clanker37

Quote from: SocialFox on November 08, 2012, 11:41:53 PMIt doesn't even snow in Wollongong  :'(
Pssh. Let them have their snow. They wouldn't survive a second in our February heat :P

Well, most of them.

Jompa

Cobra is not even joking..
I think the schools here wouldn't close even if polar bears started roaming the streets - my uncle actually rode a polar bear once - if anyone cares, I can prove it :)
As I said, norwegian winters would scare you shitless!
Quote from: Clanker37 on November 09, 2012, 07:04:59 AMPssh. Let them have their snow. They wouldn't survive a second in our February heat :P

Well, most of them.
That.. is actually true - I basically die. ^^
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

You can officially call yourself a man after you've been in a 120 Celsius sauna for 5 minutes. 8)

FSM-Reapr

I decided to dig up my YuGiOh cards today. :D Apparently I have three Blue-Eyes White Dragon worth of 16 bucks each! yay i'm so rich

Shadoninja

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 09, 2012, 08:19:55 AMI decided to dig up my YuGiOh cards today. :D Apparently I have three Blue-Eyes White Dragon worth of 16 bucks each! yay i'm so rich
Did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 09, 2012, 08:19:55 AMI decided to dig up my YuGiOh cards today. :D Apparently I have three Blue-Eyes White Dragon worth of 16 bucks each! yay i'm so rich
...do you mind if I ask which artwork they are? :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

Here's an interesting thing, about the Lavender Town mystery:
I can hear a little difference in the Red/Blue than the Red/Green version, although it doesn't have much effect on me otherwise.
I can notice a significant difference in the Red/Blue Pokemon Tower than the Red/Green version; the Red/Green version is more screechy. In comparison, my heart races a little faster.

I don't think it was intentional, and I don't think it's effects spread any farther than irritated eardrums and headaches. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr