The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MoboMoga on October 25, 2012, 09:02:00 PMVery disturbed at the thought of human teleportation through quantum mechanics; you get destroyed at the area, but with your "quantum code", you appear in your destination...your original form becomes just protons, neutrons, electrons. But the part I'm most disturbed about is if your  soul, personality, and identity would actually be transported. You might even forget everything in the past. Again, very disturbed.
Uh... now that you mention it...

On the subject of soul, if you think about it, there's most likely no way scientists can really prove or disprove if humans actually have a soul, as in, the "essence" of a human being; it would be like trying to prove that air (oxygen :P) "exists," but without the use of ANY tools/equipment, and not counting the fact that you breathe it to survive.
Not trying to spark another debate or anything... just bringing up a though provoking idea...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MoboMoga

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 25, 2012, 09:08:19 PMUh... now that you mention it...

On the subject of soul, if you think about it, there's most likely no way scientists can really prove or disprove if humans actually have a soul, as in, the "essence" of a human being; it would be like trying to prove that air (oxygen :P) "exists," but without the use of ANY tools/equipment, and not counting the fact that you breathe it to survive.
Not trying to spark another debate or anything... just bringing up a though provoking idea...

That's why it's disturbing, because this human essence can't be proven, so we don't know if it'll actually follow the rules of quantum mechanics.

Oh, and, I'm still a sophomore, and we jsut watched a video about it in Chemistry, so, it's a new concept to me. So please don't judge too harshly. :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MoboMoga on October 25, 2012, 09:53:09 PMThat's why it's disturbing, because this human essence can't be proven, so we don't know if it'll actually follow the rules of quantum mechanics.

Oh, and, I'm still a sophomore, and we jsut watched a video about it in Chemistry, so, it's a new concept to me. So please don't judge too harshly. :P
Interesting thought...
The only way to really prove its effects would be to test it... but if it didn't turn out right, I'd hate to be the person it was tested on, if I would even be living after it...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Zunawe

Quote from: MoboMoga on October 25, 2012, 09:02:00 PMVery disturbed at the thought of human teleportation through quantum mechanics; you get destroyed at the area, but with your "quantum code", you appear in your destination...your original form becomes just protons, neutrons, electrons. But the part I'm most disturbed about is if your  soul, personality, and identity would actually be transported. You might even forget everything in the past. Again, very disturbed.

As for memories, they would stay in tact because of the way we learn. The brain creates patterns for each piece of information and whatever it is grows as we continue to learn it. I would expect personality to be the same because your personality is based on your experiences, I think. Somebody taking psychology might be able to explain that better. As for soul, basically what BDS said. We have to know that it exists and how it exists to even determine what might have happened.

Not to pop your bubble or anything. It's just that everything we are is based on how atoms are arranged and interacted with. We're nothing but energy in different forms, so, if teleportation were possible, I don't see why it would have to move more than atoms.

EDIT: Now that I think about it though, we would have to be able to transport the energy as well or we would die immediately. The atoms themselves wouldn't be able to hold electricity or heat if they are dismembered and reassembled.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

KefkaticFanatic

Went to a concert last night.  They played Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on theme of Paganini and Shostakovitch's 5th symphony.  Fantastic performance o:

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FallenPianist

Went to Video Games Live tonight (even though I missed the first hour because of an exam...) A full crowd singing Still Alive and the Team Rocket's motto is incredibly awesome. In fact the entire show was. Oh and Dragonborn (skyrim) with a live choir :P

FSM-Reapr

Jamaha, I'm giving my computer to my little bro. He's going to use this site too.Every time I log out my password and nickname are in the login section. How can I avoid that?

Jamaha

You have set your browser to remember them. What browser are you using?

FSM-Reapr

Mozilla Firefox? Or is that a browser? I'm so bad with computers. :(

Ruto

Go to Tools > Clear Recent History (or just hit Ctrl+shift+delete)

Expand the details button, pick whatever you want to delete (most likely you want to pick active logins and form/search data), and then select the time range you want, which is above the details button.

I don't mean to sound cruel but I think it's too soon for you to start giving away your things...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FSM-Reapr

lmao Ruto XD
This is my old computer that died about 2-3 weeks ago that was fixed. I decided that it's time to get a new one so I'm giving this to him.

And it didn't work. I deleted everything but it still haunts there. :( A+ for the effort though.

SuperFireKirby

If you really want to get rid of it, there's a program called CCleaner that will completely clear everything out of you temporary files, cache, and any internet files including logins. There's a nice checklist of what you want to get rid of then you just click the Clean button. And its free. Should get rid of that pesky login, no problem.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jamaha

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 27, 2012, 06:20:52 AMlmao Ruto XD
This is my old computer that died about 2-3 weeks ago that was fixed. I decided that it's time to get a new one so I'm giving this to him.

And it didn't work. I deleted everything but it still haunts there. :( A+ for the effort though.

Asetukset -> Turvallisuus -> Tallennetut salasanat...

Delete NSM from that list.