News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Kpianist

earthquakes can be just as scary as hurricanes, even if hurricanes are longer. The difference is that there are warnings, you can evacuate the area the hurricane is going to hit before it actually does, and the same for tornadoes (I've lived through tornadoes too, believe it or not there have been tornadoes in CA, just not extreme ones). Earthquakes on the other hand are unexpected and can strike at any moment in time. If you're not in the right place at the right time, or don't have shelter near, you're screwed (unless it's a small quake, yesterday's was kinda big, but pretty much average). Imagine just sitting there playing a game, or hanging around your house, and out of nowhere, the whole place starts to rattle and sway. The North Ridge earthquake was soo bad that the hallways in my house were swaying side to side IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. If that's not scary to you, then you must not have emotions at all...

Yesterday wasn't to bad though, it was only 30 seconds long (even though it seemed longer) and there wasn't much damage at all, it just shook me up for a while.

PS. You coulda left before the hurricane came, so that was your fault actually :-\ (no offense)

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZPIPQhTFqM

Yay, recorded myself playing Bloodmeat by Protest the Hero. Took an insane number of takes just to play it in full because crap kept happening to me. Some mistakes, but good enough.

PseudoMario16

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 30, 2008, 04:38:17 PMDude, do you know how many people are forum members and haven't been on since the day they signed up? Alot. But maybe if you have over 100 posts or something like that then you can post original compositions.
well, i have more than 100 posts, so im good.
thats a good idea, except then youll get a bunch of people making a bunch of gay, retarded, more pointless than usual posts

oh, and in light of these recent complaints of hurricanes and earthquakes, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFelEa8wAIk&feature=related
skip to about 1:25 in, and it talks about earthquakes some- plus it friggin hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

KefkaticFanatic

TOO FREAKING BIG

me irl
[close]

Harvest

-

Mike

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: B-Kpianist on July 30, 2008, 06:00:38 PMearthquakes can be just as scary as hurricanes, even if hurricanes are longer. The difference is that there are warnings, you can evacuate the area the hurricane is going to hit before it actually does, and the same for tornadoes (I've lived through tornadoes too, believe it or not there have been tornadoes in CA, just not extreme ones). Earthquakes on the other hand are unexpected and can strike at any moment in time. If you're not in the right place at the right time, or don't have shelter near, you're screwed (unless it's a small quake, yesterday's was kinda big, but pretty much average). Imagine just sitting there playing a game, or hanging around your house, and out of nowhere, the whole place starts to rattle and sway. The North Ridge earthquake was soo bad that the hallways in my house were swaying side to side IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. If that's not scary to you, then you must not have emotions at all...

Yesterday wasn't to bad though, it was only 30 seconds long (even though it seemed longer) and there wasn't much damage at all, it just shook me up for a while.

PS. You coulda left before the hurricane came, so that was your fault actually :-\ (no offense)

Dude I don't know if you heard but Hurricanes can change their path. A couple years ago people evacuated South West Florida and went to Orlando becuase a Hurricane was going to hit South West florida. Turns out that the hurricane changed direction and ended up hitting Orlando. Ironic, hilarious, and above all, oh so sad. :'( Plus hurricane Katrina was actually supposed to hit my area but then changed course and ended up hitting Louisiana and Misssissippi. So you never know. But you are right about how earthquakes are completely unexpected.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

iDOWN

Katrina sucked. It was freaking scary. It was the first time I ever had to hide from a natural disaster.

PseudoMario16

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 31, 2008, 06:46:05 PM
Quote from: B-Kpianist on July 30, 2008, 06:00:38 PMearthquakes can be just as scary as hurricanes, even if hurricanes are longer. The difference is that there are warnings, you can evacuate the area the hurricane is going to hit before it actually does, and the same for tornadoes (I've lived through tornadoes too, believe it or not there have been tornadoes in CA, just not extreme ones). Earthquakes on the other hand are unexpected and can strike at any moment in time. If you're not in the right place at the right time, or don't have shelter near, you're screwed (unless it's a small quake, yesterday's was kinda big, but pretty much average). Imagine just sitting there playing a game, or hanging around your house, and out of nowhere, the whole place starts to rattle and sway. The North Ridge earthquake was soo bad that the hallways in my house were swaying side to side IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. If that's not scary to you, then you must not have emotions at all...

Dude I don't know if you heard but Hurricanes can change their path. A couple years ago people evacuated South West Florida and went to Orlando becuase a Hurricane was going to hit South West florida. Turns out that the hurricane changed direction and ended up hitting Orlando. Ironic, hilarious, and above all, oh so sad. :'( Plus hurricane Katrina was actually supposed to hit my area but then changed course and ended up hitting Louisiana and Misssissippi. So you never know. But you are right about how earthquakes are completely unexpected.
yeah, huricanes can definatly change path- hurricane rita was supposed to hit us dead on... its quite ironic really. almsot everyone left except, cuz they expected it to raze katy (where i live), but after it changed course, it hit hardest where most the people left to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

acropol

"While we were watching the door, he calmly walks up to the front with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," said Caton.

:o

geez wtf

ZeldaFan

well, the only natural disasters we've had here were some floods, but that's pretty much it.

But we're due for a massive earthquake anytime...

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

FallenPianist

Quote from: acropol on July 31, 2008, 08:32:36 PM"While we were watching the door, he calmly walks up to the front with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," said Caton.

:o

geez wtf

This story if so disgusting...in which world are we living?????.....THis story convince me to not take the bus anymore

Harvest

Its been all over the news.  Front pages of all the newspapers..

Canada really needs to reinstate the death penalty for this one because with our flawed system they'll put him behind bars for a year and then let him free for "good behaviour" then he'll kill again.

Also, the one newspaper said the victim was aboriginal,meaning it was probably a racial attack.
-

SuperFireKirby

This story if so disgusting...in which world are we living?????.....THis story convince me to not take the bus anymore
[/quote]

The same happy up one we've always been in.We have a mask over our faces making everything seem okay and then something like this happens and we finally realize what the world is like.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!