News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

the_last_sheikah

If my computer will stop being dumb, I can finally play tf2!  And it only took a whole 16 hours to download, install, find out that my anti-virus program doesn't work with steam, get rid of it, download a new one, and defrag my computer.  Yay old laptops!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

SlowPokemon

Whichever one you got, it'll be amazing

I doubt it's curious village, as those are nearly out of print. But any of them are great.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

There are a ton of Curious Village games at my local EB Games. I should get one now.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Bubbles

Actually it is curious village :D I just did the clock puzzle and Im giggling because I feel smart. I should probably buy the other games too since you said theyre almost out of print?

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

I got it for $13 at gamestop used. Hopefully the used part wont be a problem. I was tied between three different games since I had no idea of the chronalocial order, but luckily I got the right one

blueflower999

I think the first Layton game I'll get (When I finally get around to buying one) will be Unwound Future. I've heard lots of good things about it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

It'll be a bit more enjoyable if you've played the previous two, but good choice anyway.

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 30, 2012, 01:04:53 PMActually it is curious village :D I just did the clock puzzle and Im giggling because I feel smart. I should probably buy the other games too since you said theyre almost out of print?

No, just Curious Village, and I may be mistaken about that apparently... hmm on Amazon there's only one left in stock and it's over $45, that's the reason I'm thinking it may be out of print. The others appear normal. Though of course, there are always used offers.

The order of release dates:
1. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
2. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
3. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
4. Professor Layton and the Last Specter
5. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

The reason I'd recommend that order is that in each game, there are slight technological advances, making each game a bit smoother than the last. So if you play Last Specter and then go back to Curious Village, it'll probably feel more clunky. They're all great games though.

Bubbles

I really wanted to play the games in the order they came out, because even if they had as much plot continuity as the pokemon series does I still wanted to go through the story the way they were made. And I got it in a store used, so if they are out of print I just got a great deal :P. Amazon is ridiculously overpriced sometimes though.

Just a question, does anyone know the approximate number of puzzles in this game? I dont want to look it up just in case theres any spoilers, but Im already on puzzle 15 or so and I feel like it went by really fast.

Kman96

There are 150+ puzzles in every game. Don't flip out. Plus, the more puzzles you solve, the better!

If you collect enough picarats, the you can unlock special things! :D
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

There are 150~170 in each game, with each one having more than the previous.

Also, Amazon usually has some of the best prices around o_O I got the SMG soundtrack new for $5.49, and a lot of other stuff is cheap too. The last three Layton games are about half their list price for a new copy.

As far as the rest of the series goes goes--yeah in the other ones there are characters from the first game, at least two of which entail slight spoilers of the first game. So it's better that you're playing them in order.

Picarats unlock special bonuses at the end of the game, usually something like this order, with Movies requiring the most Picarats:
1. Profiles
2. Art
3. Music
4. Voice
5. Movies

As far as disappearing picarats, don't worry because you can get the minimum possible for each puzzle and still unlock everything.

SlowPokemon

Also you should definitely post your thoughts on the story and game as you play it somewhere. I wish I could get amnesia and play the games again.

SuperFireKirby

Just won a Shure Green Bullet microphone off ebay. Ebay is such a magical website, how have I not used it before?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!