News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on September 25, 2012, 07:25:37 PMI dont think the small amount of moisture in a short blow would hurt anything
That's what she said!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

spitllama

My hall has taken a liking to Nerf gun fights. I'm trying to think of a weapon that would be fun to make. Any Nintendo ideas? ::)
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

the_last_sheikah

-NES Zapper
-Metroid arm cannon
-Mega Man arm cannon
-that gun from SSBB that turns you into a trophy?
just to name a few
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: spitllama on September 26, 2012, 02:06:48 PMMy hall has taken a liking to Nerf gun fights. I'm trying to think of a weapon that would be fun to make. Any Nintendo ideas? ::)
Well, you could get a Nerf Maverick, and modify it to look like Samus's gun (in Zero Mission and Brawl):

The shape is perfect; it might be quite easy to do.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

Sorry I should have clarified- I'd like to do something like a staff, mace, sword, spear, etc. Making shooting weapons is too hard :(
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: spitllama on September 26, 2012, 02:30:35 PMSorry I should have clarified- I'd like to do something like a staff, mace, sword, spear, etc. Making shooting weapons is too hard :(
So you'll be starting from scratch?
Nebbles has a good suggestion, but if you don't like being "mainstream," you could always do Falchion or, if you want more challenge, Ultima Weapons from FFVII.
A shield might go along well with the first two. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

Well, Nintendo is full of cool close combat weapons.

Meta Knight has a nifty sword. Kirby does too, in the SSB series. King DeDeDe's hammer would be slightly overkill, with the jet engine and all.

The Fire Emblem series is full of them.

Link's arsenal also consists of a fair number of secondary weapons, from the Skull Hammer to regular sticks. Ganondorf also has a sword or two (as seen in WindWaker).

The Hammer Bros throw around cool little things that would make great nerf weapons.

Pokémon has... well... leek, spoons, bones, wood members, I-beam girders or unwieldy pieces of concrete that couldn't conceivably help the user in any way save for blocking stuff. Probably a lot else I've forgot too.

Ness has a baseball bat and a yoyo.

Barrel-based technology doesn't work that well in the end. I haven't played any of the Donkey Kong games, but I doubt you'll find anything worthwhile there.

Pikmin dolls are easy to make with fabric and rice. Could be thrown around for laughs. Make all seams double, though.

It's almost 1AM. I'm probably forgetting a lot, but should have covered most of it.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Zunawe

A hero's bow that shoots nerf arrows. I mean, how obvious can it get?

Also, I just had to solve this equation by hand. I hate this kind of dumb math. We were being asked what the critical points were of (x + 1)^5 * (x - 3)^4. Why is this necessary?!?!?!

297 + 648x - 36x^2 - 776x^3 - 170x^4 + 312x^5 + 28x^6 - 56x^7 + 9x^8 = 0
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Greg

Quote from: Zunawe on September 26, 2012, 05:07:22 PMA hero's bow that shoots nerf arrows. I mean, how obvious can it get?

Also, I just had to solve this equation by hand. I hate this kind of dumb math. We were being asked what the critical points were of (x + 1)^5 * (x - 3)^4. Why is this necessary?!?!?!

297 + 648x - 36x^2 - 776x^3 - 170x^4 + 312x^5 + 28x^6 - 56x^7 + 9x^8 = 0
Critical points meaning x-intercepts?

Zunawe

Where is the slope of the graph zero or undefined.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Mashi

Have you learnt about derivatives yet, Zunawe?  That should simplify the problem immensely.

Zunawe

That's the freaking problem. The dumb long equation is the result of me expanding out the derivative so I could solve it. It makes me want to punch a baby kitten. Except not, because it's impossible to do that.

By the way, I think I came off as more frustrated than I really am. I just think it's frivolous to have to demonstrate my knowledge of derivatives by having to do time-consuming algebra.

I program things

Zunawe

Double Post.

I just had this sudden realization, and it's so obvious that I'm not even going to post what it is. Hint: I expanded to get that long equation.

I program things