News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 13, 2012, 04:12:57 PMThe way you argued it put for that impression.
Then you do not understand what I am trying to say. Nor will you, even if I keep explaining it over and over. :X

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 13, 2012, 04:12:57 PMSaying knowledge is dangerous is almost like you want to advocate against advancing high tech and science education resulting in generations that aren't keen to studies of intellect, overall putting as back as a civilization.
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot." -Albert Einstein
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein
I'm not going to paste the whole quote, but even Martin Luther King, Jr. agreed that knowledge is power... but without control, power is dangerous.
These two men in no way sought to hold us back as a civilization... unless of course, you wish to argue against THEM instead of me?

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 13, 2012, 04:12:57 PMYour statement with the artist is going nowhere and doesn't make a hint of rational sense so I will just ignore it for your sake.
You don't understand my first statement, so you can't understand my current statement. I do not understand your statement, for I do not understand how you could be so closed-minded. I will leave it alone for both our sakes.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

EFitTrainr

I interrupt this conversation because
1. I really don't give a damn
2. I'm sick. Like majorly. Had to leave school early.
Please direct all your sympathy towards shadowkirby.
I like food.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Ruto on September 13, 2012, 04:10:00 PMWait a tick, I said "center of the universe" not "center of the solar system." And no, not everyone accepted the heliocentric model right away. Simply because a well known text said that "Earth was the center of the universe." It was the same until in Galileo's lifetime, at least.

I don't see how scientists could find out something is flat while at the same time, the senses clearly tell them otherwise.
That's the geocentric model: "Two commonly made observations supported the idea that the Earth was the center of the Universe..."
I didn't say that everyone accepted the heliocentric model; I said that NEARLY everyone was reluctant to accept that model because they had already accepted the geocentric model.

(Just an example! Just an example!) I was stating an outright propesterous example to give you... well... an example! :P

Quote from: Ruto on September 13, 2012, 04:10:00 PMOkay so I am studying science and working as a photographer and teaching art...I'm glad to know I can't understand the beauty of anything because the scientist part of me says I can't. Better wipe all my SD cards and burn all my canvases because I have no emotions and therefore can't draw better than an elephant, right? I know I am seeing more in the flower than just colors -.-

...What? What collective voice? Have you ever read the newspaper, Pharyngula, went to a college campus, spoken to professors, been outside the country?
That's it, I'm done here. You don't seem to be understanding ANY SINGLE THING that I'm trying to say, even when I make it as clear as crystal! You seem to think that all my views are extreme, and should be applied as such; you seem to think that everything I say is clear-cut, black or white, unambiguous, etc., etc., etc.
If you don't understand me, all I'm doing is rambling. o_0

@shadowkirby
Urugh, that's terrible. :( I hope you feel better soon.  :)
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

BlackDragonSlayer, although I respect your unique view of the matter, it would be appreciated if you were more reserved about your opinions on these things.  Not to be offensive, but you seem rather young to be making the claims you are.  People have expressed concerns similar to yours (though, in a manner less bold and extreme), but the arguments they've used were more developed and lucid than yours are at the moment.  If you think that people depend on science too much, then you're free to believe so (since there are a good deal of people like that), but you can't simply make sweeping generalisations that all scientists or most scientists share that feeling.

But anyhow, this debate began with a misunderstanding, so there's no use in making a mountain out of an anthill.

Bubbles

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on September 13, 2012, 08:55:44 AMActually, I feel pretty sick too. I left from school at the second last class. I need to stay home at least the weekend. :( But at least I can focus the TWG I'm hosting.
Same here. I just put a 0 at the end of mine. The name was also taken on Skype by some girl from Texas.

Sorry for interrupting the science debate

SlowPokemon

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 13, 2012, 04:39:01 PMI interrupt this conversation because

* directs sympathy towards shadowkirby

Feel better, bro :(
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on September 12, 2012, 08:41:07 AMI'm considering watching it again, just for Koizumi's sexy voice

So I was thinking, maybe we should get together some time? I don't know, just seems like it would be fun.

Olimar12345

Quote from: shadowkirby on September 13, 2012, 04:39:01 PMI interrupt this conversation because
God, thank you, shadowkirby! Oh, and get well soon!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Feel better Shadowkirby!

In other news, I finished Professor Layton and the Last Specter and was punched in the face with feels again oh my god

(totally didn't cry nope nope nope)
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Dagnabbit, I missed the science debate that I tried to start.  :(

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on September 13, 2012, 08:07:36 PMFeel better Shadowkirby!

In other news, I finished Professor Layton and the Last Specter and was punched in the face with feels again oh my god

(totally didn't cry nope nope nope)

That is such a great game... I love misthallery so much. Did you unlock the special episode with chelmey and grosky?

Were you preparing for Miracle Mask's release next month? I must admit, the 3D models scare me a little bit, I don't want the charm of the previous games' artwork to be lost.

FSM-Reapr

Dude

Ruto

@Concerto

Lol :D

@FSM

Yeah you might want to go to the doctor or make sure your thermometer is working properly...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.