News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Finality meaning mortality? Or death? Or the product of evolutionary success?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

Both, moreso the former. Like, something on man realizing his own eventual demise. I'm not sure how else to describe it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bubbles

I'm having wars between geodudes and umbreon when I use tail whip and they use defense curl.

EDIT: omg I just ran out of pp for tail whip (which has 20) then he threw out an onix -.-

spitllama

"Because I could not Stop for Death" by Emily Dickinson

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/english/melani/cs6/stop.html

"The Guest" by Camus focuses a lot on the philosophy that everyone is condemned to an eventual, inevitable death. There should be some good quotes there.

From "Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead":

"Whatever became of the moment when one first knew about death? There must have been one. A moment. In childhood. When it first occured to you that you don't go on forever. Must have been shattering. Stamped into one's memory. And yet, I can't remember it. It never occured to me at all. We must be born with an intuition of mortality. Before we know the word for it. Before we know that there are words. Out we come, bloodied and squawling, with the knowledge that for all the points of the compass, there's only one direction. And time is its only measure."

I will search my closet for more if you like.
Submissions Page

MaestroUGC

These are all nice, but still not quite right. I think I'm going to commision something on this subject. To be written in a high-romantic style and, depending on stress and sylables, to be translating into either German or Latin, more likely the former. If there are any writers who wants to make a quick buck, please contact me on this subject.

Thank you spit for your efforts, but I think it'd be best for me to look foward rather than back for my music.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

What about a fairy tale? No, I'm kidding. Those things have been done too much.

Tolkien's actually written a few unfinished poems that are thousands of lines long. I'm not sure if you would want to use those. His works need a lot of background reading. Wikipedia gives a good summary though, but even those articles are long.

The text of The Lay of Leithian can be found here or you can just go to Wikipedia.

I can't find the other one, but Wikipedia gives a good summary of it. I can't find an online text of that poem. Its ending is similar to Oedipus Rex ._.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Jompa

I'm the only one online right now :(
so lonely...
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jamaha

New roommate moved in. A little freshman.

Best part was that his mom had cleaned our entire apartment.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

FSM-Reapr

I can see that everybody are checking my profile. It's about time me to explain the story behind my email account.
98 comes from an inside joke between my friends. Apparently when I speak normally I sound 4 years younger then I look. But when I sing I sound like a friggin' Sinatra. I love confusing people by this.  ;D

Dude

Anyone on the east coast get NSMB2 yet?

I'm still debating on getting it.  :-\

EDIT: Never mind, it's downloading. Apparently I couldn't wait. -_-

EDIT2: It just finished, I'll let you know how it is later.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Ugh, there is no longer any gratification to be had playing any new Mario platformers.  They are far to formulaic and simplified.  No buy buy.

spitllama

All the new SMB seem like the same game to me. The biggest difference seems to be the '2' on the cover.
Submissions Page