News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Next step is to get some mad scientist glasses and then keep your hands on a van de graaff generator at all times

Then take a picture with some menacing lighting :D

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

I'm wanting to write a choral work, but I'm lost for finding the right text. Does anybody here know of any good literature or legends? I'm not looking for sacred texts, as I'm already working a a sacred work. I'm not looking for anything too long either, so a good sized excerpt, monologue, or poem should be fine.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 16, 2012, 02:29:42 PMI'm wanting to write a choral work, but I'm lost for finding the right text. Does anybody here know of any good literature or legends? I'm not looking for sacred texts, as I'm already working a a sacred work. I'm not looking for anything too long either, so a good sized excerpt, monologue, or poem should be fine.
what language will this be in?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

The original language of the text is question. That or I will translate it into either Latin or German if the original doesn't sound...right, for lack of a better word.

K-NiGhT

Okay i'll start searching for some possibilities :)

My laptop JUST got ordered and is on its way to my house!
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 16, 2012, 05:46:06 PMThe original language of the text is question. That or I will translate it into either Latin or German if the original doesn't sound...right, for lack of a better word.

How about some latin poetry if you're in the mood for something whimsical/funny? I find Catullus's passages about his girlfriend's sparrow fantastic, particularly the one where he laments "passer mortuus est" (the sparrow is dead)--that's one of my favorite latin phrases of all time. It's probably not quite what you're looking for but I could imagine some mockingly sorrowful music as a chorus lamented the dead sparrow.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

As much as I like a good latin joke, I'm looking for more serious material. No, I'm looking for something with a bit of...gravity. Love and loss is fine, but it needs to be genuine and heartfelt.

SlowPokemon

That's what I figured, hmm. What about one of the poems in Lord of the Rings? The one in the Hobbit is fairly deep, about "on and on the road goes" or something like that
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

So I've decided to do a solo run through of Pokemon Diamond with an Umbreaon...wish me luck

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2012, 06:54:16 PMThat's what I figured, hmm. What about one of the poems in Lord of the Rings? The one in the Hobbit is fairly deep, about "on and on the road goes" or something like that

!!!

I'm supposed to say that XD The LOTR poems are great though. There's The Road Goes Ever On like Slow mentioned (there's also another version from the last book). I like Namárië. "The Roads Ever On" has been set to music though.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

Those are quite nice, but I can't feel them, and I'm not about to set a text that I can't get behind.

spitllama

Good luck Bubbles! Are you starting with an Eevee then?

Maestro I haven't quite grasped what you're looking for but maybe Alexander Pope's "Essay on Man?" I've gathered from your previous posts that you like philosophical stuff, and it definitely has that "gravity" you're looking for.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bubbles

Nah I cheated and used action replay to get umbreon :D But since it doesn't get any non normal moves until lvl 15, I'm having trouble with the first (rock) gym

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

@spit, I like it, but it's not what what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something on the finality of man, something absolute, bleak but not too on the nose. Subtle.