News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 03, 2012, 10:47:15 AMAnd about pastaboyfella's "death":

That guy is screwing with us. I found it very unlikely that the "father" would tell us on the very same day about his boy's death.

Not to mention the rather poor spelling and the fact that his arrangements were edited away from the opening post.

However, it's hard to tell. He never left any clues of where he live, and he didn't like our Facebook page, so we can't verify anything. Statistically speaking, more than a hundred people died in traffic accidents in the USA today alone, so it wouldn't be easy to find news about the crash.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

K-NiGhT

He DID give us a name to look for, though. We have an investigation going on skype
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FSM-Reapr

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Zunawe on August 03, 2012, 11:50:53 AMI'll be able to post on my 3DS still

Hate to double-post but I don't want to ruin that beautiful message ↓ :P

3DS is awesome when it comes to Internet! I can use this while my laptop is taken. And I can play Tetris! :P I'm on 3DS now. :D

Shadoninja

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 03, 2012, 01:04:42 PMNot to mention the rather poor spelling and the fact that his arrangements were edited away from the opening post.

However, it's hard to tell. He never left any clues of where he live, and he didn't like our Facebook page, so we can't verify anything. Statistically speaking, more than a hundred people died in traffic accidents in the USA today alone, so it wouldn't be easy to find news about the crash.
I think he's in or around london based on what time it says on his profile and double checking time zones.

It should be easy to find some news about this supposed car wreck because

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 03, 2012, 01:09:20 PMHe DID give us a name to look for, though.
and a confirmed date, an unverified time and an unverified age. searching for a combination of any of those should lead us to something.

Either way, I don't see why we're bothering with this.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 03, 2012, 01:22:18 PM3DS is awesome when it comes to Internet!
Lol no
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

FSM-Reapr

It is when you get used to it. I can check email, news and NSM with this.

Shadoninja

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 03, 2012, 01:26:05 PMIt is when you get used to it. I can check email, news and NSM with this.
It's good for basic things but I'd still rather use my ipod if I wanted to do some mobile browsing.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 03, 2012, 01:33:24 PMIt's good for basic things but I'd still rather use my ipod if I wanted to do some mobile browsing.
:)
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

universe-X

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 03, 2012, 12:29:54 PMWell, I'm not afraid on closed places like in a plane, but I was today on VERY high cliffs that were able to crumble under my feet. X/
lol, I'm not afraid of closed scenarios like that, but if I can look down and say "yep, I'd die if tripped right now", I start getting really self-conscious.

Also, this place can probably expect some Mario Party 2 pieces soon.

FSM-Reapr

Tomorrow to Tallinn for a night. *niisk* Vacation is ending. :'(
But now I'll hit the bed. I'm going to have s...s-sleep. Yes, sleep... ::) ;)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 03, 2012, 01:04:42 PMNot to mention the rather poor spelling and the fact that his arrangements were edited away from the opening post.

Yeah, I tested this. It would be easy to find--a 7 year old kid drowned at the apartments near our pizza place last week. When I searched simply "7 year old drowned", it was the first result on google. When you search his name, a 14 year old dying in a car accident, or any combination of things like that, there's nothing.

Something else--searching his username yields no results, suggesting that this is the only place he has used that username. Typically people use the same username in multiple places (not always, but typically).

I'm betting this was a hoax--though I'm guessing he didn't plan on doing it when he started. Looking at his posts throughout last month, it would appear he was planning on staying. Maybe his arrangements were plagiarized and rather than admit that, he just "died." ::)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 03, 2012, 01:09:20 PMHe DID give us a name to look for, though. We have an investigation going on skype

I did a quick FB search.  Should of saved my time, there's a lot of Brett Stevensons out there.

At least for the moment, I propose that we forget this ever happened.  We have no way of confirming or denying what his "dad" said.  It also doesn't affect us very much.

universe-X

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 03, 2012, 06:28:41 PMMaybe his arrangements were plagiarized and rather than admit that, he just "died." ::)
My thoughts exactly, lol.

DrP

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 03, 2012, 05:17:18 PMTomorrow to Tallinn for a night. *niisk* Vacation is ending. :'(
But now I'll hit the bed. I'm going to have s...s-sleep. Yes, sleep... ::) ;)
I'll be stopping there in my big EuroTrip I'm planning, only for a day though.

I'll be spending the most of my time that I am in the Baltics in Vilnius and Kaunas.

Tallinn is a pretty city, though.

spitllama

I don't even know why I read Yahoo articles anymore. They are by far the crappiest things I have ever read. The latest article defended peeing in the pool, saying that all competitive swimmers, and many recreational swimmers, do it regularly. In fact, the writer went so far as to say that anyone who claims they haven't (intentionally, not as a little kid) is a liar.

Ok so I've been racing for about five years now and that has never even crossed my mind. The pool is not a toilet.

Unless I'm like the only one who thinks this? :O
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012